Hi there!

bleed88

Nov 16, 2010
Hi all,
a newbie to photography and this forum. Hope to learn more from gurus here.

Hi there and welcome.
Not a guru nor a newbie.... I am just neither here nor there...... :p

hi and warm welcome! :)

Welcome:)

Thanks all for the welcome and the links. really helpful. been reading a lot. and i must say, a really expensive hobby ...

and btw, could some1 point me to a right direction on where can i repair a rolleiflex? i'm still browsing ard the forum also. TIA

Hi and welcome!

Thank you soo much spree86. :thumbsup:

hi there too . . . welcome welcome to CS . . . ;)

Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

hi again.. i have some questions to ask the pros and sifus out there. since i already have a thread, might as well post it here.

1) i'm torn between sb700 and 600. how i'm gonna use it, not really sure. i don't believe in flash previously but tried it out 1 day, i find flash photography to be very interesting indeed. but sadly the incamera 1, limit me in some ways. esp if u forget to take out the hood for ur lens. lol. still holding on to a Metz 32z-1(maybe comparable to 400?) but battery contacts are coroded and i don't think it will fire anything. dunno whether it will fit in my cam in the 1st place.

2) Is the yellow filter applicable to dslr as how it was for film?

Thank you so much again.

bleed88 said:
hi again.. i have some questions to ask the pros and sifus out there. since i already have a thread, might as well post it here.

1) i'm torn between sb700 and 600. how i'm gonna use it, not really sure. i don't believe in flash previously but tried it out 1 day, i find flash photography to be very interesting indeed. but sadly the incamera 1, limit me in some ways. esp if u forget to take out the hood for ur lens. lol. still holding on to a Metz 32z-1(maybe comparable to 400?) but battery contacts are coroded and i don't think it will fire anything. dunno whether it will fit in my cam in the 1st place.

2) Is the yellow filter applicable to dslr as how it was for film?

Thank you so much again.

From what I've seen, SB700 has a fancier user interface compared with SB600. Seems like max power (GN) is slightly lower though.
SB700 can also be a commander flash if you add in a CLS-capable flash (eg SB600) to your arsenal in future.

I would think that colour filters are still needed to match flash output colour with ambient, otherwise doing your WB is gonna be tricky.

Welcome bleedd88,

Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

Welcome to CS!