Hi there!

Hi, welcome to CS! :)

hey thanks again for the second welcome.. hehe!

ZerocoolAstra - hi there, thanks for your insight in regards to the matter. really appreciate it. now to try it 1st hand.

btw i think i didn't really made myself clear abt the filters. my question were more to the lens part. anyway i've read a bit abt them and to my limited knowledge, a short trip to the cam menu(white balance) can replicate the coloured filter effects. am i right?
so does post processing the files. luckily i've upgraded my pc recently.

anyway thanks again csers...

hey thanks again for the second welcome.. hehe!

ZerocoolAstra - hi there, thanks for your insight in regards to the matter. really appreciate it. now to try it 1st hand.

btw i think i didn't really made myself clear abt the filters. my question were more to the lens part. anyway i've read a bit abt them and to my limited knowledge, a short trip to the cam menu(white balance) can replicate the coloured filter effects. am i right?
so does post processing the files. luckily i've upgraded my pc recently.

anyway thanks again csers...

Yes the filter effects can be easily replicated by the modern dslr making the physical color filters redundant. Btw, the color filters effect are not the same menu as the the WB. WB is under the Shooting Menu while the color filter effects are under the Retouch Menu. Whether they work the same or give the same results is lost to me, as i dont use filter effects much, if at all. :)

pardon my noobness pasay..
yup. i guess i ask a question too fast. i read the manual again and both available in retouch n shooting menu(picture control>monochrome). thanks again.

pardon my noobness pasay..
yup. i guess i ask a question too fast. i read the manual again and both available in retouch n shooting menu(picture control>monochrome). thanks again.

aiyoh, no worries lah. all of us here also still learning. :) just clearing up that WB and filter effects are different boats. otherwise i'll also get confused :bsmilie:

that's the thing, sometimes i tend to confuse myself. Haha.