Hi there stranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
:embrass: Ok no pretty ladies for you to drool over. :bsmilie:

Indonesians in general are a very friendly chatty bunch of people, even to strangers. I was just sitting around when a stranger struck up a conversation with me just to while away the time and he sportingly agreed to let me take a shot of him before I left.

I decided to frame him tightly but left some space over to his right to not feel so claustrophobic. Made full use of the setting sun as the main light source. 1/3200s @ F/2. ISO800. :)angel: intentionally left high to get abit of grain) Converted to mono and toned in PS.

Would appreciate critique/comments/flames:sweat: on the framing as well as lighting.

20070922_0005-toned.jpg

beautiful :)

Watch the halo-ing. Exposure seems abit under, not much of lighting but its a good portrait nonetheless imo. Very sincere smile there:thumbsup:

crapex & airfins: thanks. glad you like it :)

sprintist: tks for pointing it out. will correct the slight halo on the left of his face. the lighter shades on his right is actually a result of the pickup truck in the background... should i burn it in till its uniformly dark?

crapex & airfins: thanks. glad you like it :)

sprintist: tks for pointing it out. will correct the slight halo on the left of his face. the lighter shades on his right is actually a result of the pickup truck in the background... should i burn it in till its uniformly dark?

I think you might need to correct the halo-ing only. On second look, i find it to be good enough as a low key. and DONT burn away those highlights!! hahaa they really make the portrait stand out giving shape to the face.

I actually meant burning in the background till its uniformly dar, not burn the highlights on the face. But yeah, I like this particularly much because the lighting really made the face more 3D.

Tks :)

nice texture on the face. thanks for sharing. :)

cavendish: no theme in particular. otherwise i would have done an environmental portrait instead. so.. this is "just another portrait".

advrider: tks.

Status
Not open for further replies.