Hi there martin a beginner photographer

martinlee

Sep 19, 2014
Singapore
I just started getting a dslr camera canon 70D I been wanting to make friends meet people on photography forums might help me as a person I am desperate in help to learn photography :)

hello world

I am going to say something that will offend many

start by reading your manual
or the EOS 70D magazine guidebook if you have it

Is a big world out there, just go out there and start shooting.

Welcome to ClubSNAP,

to learn about photography, you need to know the theory(knowledge), you need the operation manual to know how to use the tools, and you also need a lot of practise with hands on.

so beside the instruction manual, do check out the outing and gathering section to join some outings, at the mean time, pick up some basic photography books from your near by National Library branches and start reading,

thanks for the tips, will try to find time to read through all the articles that you all have mentioned!

w/o basic knowledge reading the manual doesnt help much also..
manual only help u with the control and feature of the camera.
which mode does what and the purpose all go back to basic

Last edited:
That is why the magazine guide book is more useful.

I was fortunate to be the recipient of one such magazine early in my photo journey

those are better learning tool magazine, photobook...they give u a picture and those setting below to let u try replicate the shot.

Hey welcome to Clubsnap,Martin !

Like you,I'm also a beginner in photography and was wondering if anyone here would be interested to meet up during the weekends to go around shooting ?

I just started getting a dslr camera canon 70D I been wanting to make friends meet people on photography forums might help me as a person I am desperate in help to learn photography :)

Good day Martin, do look at our outing sessions and signed up for some. There are lots of great photographers there and they can help you with your questions. I learned alot from these folks and most of them are very patient and friendly.

At the meantime, do read up your manual and if you don't have one, you can easily download a copy from the web. Many of the questions that most newbies had are explained in the manual.

Happy shooting ;)

Warm welcome, Martin. I do believe the resources suggested by many here is a good point to start. Above all, most importantly is enjoy what you shoot!

Welcome Martin. The best way to learn is to keep shooting with your camera ��

Welcome to clubsnap, walk around or with a few friends, any camera or even smart phone will do, all u need is to find time for ur hobby =)