Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironman

Nov 14, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
"A HI-SPEED USB device is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub. For assistance in solving this problem, click this messge."

anyone got this familar message? Is there any drivers that can be upgraded to support the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host controller?

Hello there. Do install WinXP service pack 1. It contains the drivers for supporting high-speed USB 2.0 ports.

QX

If you are using XP SP2, just do a update on the USB devices.. that shld solve the problem

But play safe.. you might wan to let us know your setup~

thanks for the reply... i'll try again... my laptop hdd crashed... now trying to recover back my softwares, facing this problem now...

Ironman said:
"A HI-SPEED USB device is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub. For assistance in solving this problem, click this messge."

anyone got this familar message? Is there any drivers that can be upgraded to support the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host controller?
what it means is your USB is ver1.1. you probably have SP1 or SP2 already. if not install it. then re-install your mainboard chipset drivers. its probably in the cdrom that comes with your mbd. otherwise download it from mbd website.

Ironman said:

I am not too sure about your msg cause it is two different things. :)

- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host controller, XP SP internally supported, it go into one of your
PCI slot. If using non-standard chipset others than NEC you may need to get the 3rd party
driver.

- HI-SPEED USB device meaning some newer device is plug into a non-Hi-Speed hub,
like USB2.0 connect to USB1.x root hub. It can be that a USB2 hub connect to a USB1.x
port/hub etc.

Make sure you are using USB2 hub/port with USB2 high-speed device.

Cheers

nova_nebula said:
what it means is your USB is ver1.1. you probably have SP1 or SP2 already. if not install it. then re-install your mainboard chipset drivers. its probably in the cdrom that comes with your mbd. otherwise download it from mbd website.
thanks... i'm using a sony vaio laptop... searched thru those recovery CDs but it does not seems to have it...

i'm trying to install SP1 to try 1st...

Thanks for all advices..

i had this prob too. My laptop is a usb 1.1, when i plugged in a usb 2.0 device, it will prompt me that same error. But every thing worked fine. Recently i got a pcmcia usb 2.0 card for my laptop and right now i'm enjoying 2.0 speed.

I don't know all but here's what I know ;

The error basically means that a USB 2.0 device is being plugged into a USB 1.1 or 1.0 hub on your network.

However, USB high speed (i.e. 2.0) devices are backward compatible with USB non-hi speed (i.e. 1.1) hub. So there shouldn't be any problem and the hi-speed device should run normally if plugged into a non-hi speed hub except that it will transfer data at the slower 12Mbits/s instead of the hi-speed 480Mbits/s.

To have USB 2.0 in your system, you need both hardware (USB 2.0 host controller on the motherboard chipset) and software (i.e. USB 2.0 drivers) support.

Windows XP SP1 have the necessary USB 2.0 drivers. So install SP1 if you're sure that your motherboard chipset supports USB 2.0.

If Windows XP SP1 is already installed and there is still no USB 2.0 support, it could be due to the motherboard chipset not supporting USB 2.0. So need to buy third party USB 2.0 card (NEC chipset preferred) to slot into the PCI slot on the mother board for USB 2.0 capable headers.

To check whehther you system has USB 2.0, check out this way : http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

Warning : The above may not be 100% correct.

use sp2

use NEC pcmcia card

Ironman said:
thanks for the reply... i'll try again... my laptop hdd crashed... now trying to recover back my softwares, facing this problem now...

Huh? your sony vaio hdd crashed? Is that often?

I usually just ignore the message and keep using the usb port and drive.

blive said:
Huh? your sony vaio hdd crashed? Is that often?

I usually just ignore the message and keep using the usb port and drive.
not often lah... 1st time after using it for more than 3 yrs... heavily abuse by me...

not too sure y leh... my previous hdd did not give me such messages whereas this new one does... my guess is it should not be due to the hdd but rather the motherboard itself... also donno how now... i think got to live with this... :dunno:

how much does the NEC PCMCIA USB 2.0 cost? where can i get it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.