Hi People!!! I'm Completely Noobs..

filcras

Dec 20, 2010
Singapore
Hello,

Thanks for this site. A lot to learn and hope I can own my 1st DSLR come Feb 2011..

Just want to ask which way to go? New kit (d90) or look for 2nd Hand with nice lens?
Any recommendations? Shop or place? (Budget 1500SGD) I'm totally sold on using Nikon cam.

Hello,

Thanks for this site. A lot to learn and hope I can own my 1st DSLR come Feb 2011..

Just want to ask which way to go? New kit (d90) or look for 2nd Hand with nice lens?
Any recommendations? Shop or place? (Budget 1500SGD) I'm totally sold on using Nikon cam.

Welcome to CS:) Eventhough I'm also using Nikon but I have to ask, why Nikon?:bsmilie:

If its a D90, I would rather look for a good condition one here on BnS, the money saved can go into a better lens.

Welcome:)

2nd hand D90 with < 10k clicks. extra money for lens.

bnew D3100. :dunno:

Welcome to CS... :D

D90 , good choice for a start in DSLR...

Hello,

welcome to clubsnap and welcome (in advance) to the dark side :devil:

D90 is a good cam :)
I second some of the suggestions, which is to buy from the resale market on clubsnap. The price difference could get you a fast prime, or maybe an external flash.

You are advised to go in with both eyes wide open. Best to bring a buddy who is familiar with DSLRs... He/she might be able to help spot potential problems.

Welcome to CS!

I agree with ZCA. Keep a look out in the BNS. The amount you save from buying 2nd hand may get you some accessories you may need as well

Hi and welcome to CS filcras

I'd advise you to get a secondhand body too; if you don't mind a secondhand body that is.
Camera bodies are almost upgraded with new technology quite regularly, and unless you are looking for the newest technology, you can save quite abit on a secondhand body.

Money spent on a better lens will be more worthwhile. :)

Welcome to CS! I can feel your excitement! Maybe can start reading up abit and doing some homework on where and what etc. Can check out the Buy n Sell section if you're fine with 2nd hand stuffs (you can find gems amongst them sometimes!)

Most people would recommend a body+kit lens to start with and as you progress, you'll know what's limiting you OR what you want to shoot, hence you'll know what's next on your buy list.

Stick around! :)

Buy a second-hand D90 with kit lens ($1200)
Buy one Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D lens.

Still got left money take cab home.:bsmilie:

D90 is a great camera!

Welcome to CS . . . . ;)

hope you get your camera soon . . . :)

get your's soon and keep shooting.. hehe

Thanks a lot guys for your warm welcome.
Sure I will read a lot regarding this new hobby of mine.

@edutilos- This link helps me a lot. tnx

Any shop recommended where can I get used D90 and some good price lense?