Hi newbie here!

caiyan

Sep 2, 2010
Hi everyone newbie reporting.

(Don't worry not going to ask the typical questions on which DSLR is good, should I get a DSLR blah blah... so all the 前辈s here please relaz... )

But the fact is, we are (me and hubby) are actually planning to get our first DSLR. Kekeke..
The reason(s) are fairly typical, we want to take better picture of our kids and coincidentally a holiday trip is coming up and we want to capture some picture perfect moments.

Anyway, we are sorta decided on the Canon D550 as we read that it is good enough for beginners. Frankly, I am quite clueless about photography but definitely set myself the resolution to start reading up so as to figure out our new 'baby'.

Heee.. so much for a quick intro. 多多指教.

Welcome to CS:)

To get your camera at a slightly cheaper price,you might wanna get it through the PPP...

Hello, caiyan. A warm welcome to you.
The best thing that can ever happen to any photo enthusiast is to have their other half as equally interested in photography.
Then can do everything together.
But of course, the trouble is, many things would have to be acquired in duplicates...

Hello, caiyan. A warm welcome to you.
The best thing that can ever happen to any photo enthusiast is to have their other half as equally interested in photography.
Then can do everything together.
But of course, the trouble is, many things would have to be acquired in duplicates...

Hahah I totally agree. We are both beginner golf nuts who are now trying to influence each other into photography. Hopefully in the process don't burn more holes in our pockets. :sweatsm:

To get your camera at a slightly cheaper price,you might wanna get it through the PPP...

Thank you for sharing! Cheers.:thumbsup:

Welcome to CS.

Since you decided on the 550D, then just get it. It is a good camera. But do note that with more "power" comes more "responsibility". A DSLR gives you more control, but you need to know more on how to wield and use these controls to get better pics. Most people will find that when they just transition from PnS to DSLR, the quality of their pictures actually drop. After learning more and knowing their camera more, the pictures then start to improve and take off.

I encourage you to read more online, and join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.

Good start here:

Camera basics
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
http://www.amateursnapper.com/photography/10-top-photography-composition-rules
http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips

More topics covered here:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Welcome to CS!!! Do join outings for newbies.

Welcome to CS . . . :)

shoot more cos digital is FREE !!!

there are many gathering and outing which i have learn alot from the seniors . . . and going through the photos posted by the everyone help me to learn more too.

Great to have a couple interested in the same thing...

hmmm imagine a family of 'supers' oops sorry i meant a family of photogs...

WOW..

hahha.. welcome to the club.. PLEASE get your camera from one of the recommended retail shops in this forum.. and do sufficient homework to know that you don't need wide angle conveters macro adapters.. tele converters of unknown brands... etc etc...

the main point is to buy just what you need and don't get psychoed into buying things the salesman says...

Hi..Welcome to CS:)

Try not to buy your DSLR from COMEX

Haha.. Too late already bought from comex liao. Hubby wanted to buy pc and on the way also bought the 550d.

Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

Welcome:)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

@Daredevil: thanks for recommending the links. will definitely check them out.

I was figuring out the 550D last night and can already feel it is a real gem.
But was reading the manual last night and for a moment thought I was reading Spanish :sweatsm:. So many terminologies to understand. Woohoo!!

Would go for the free Canon training soon so I can start becoming trigger happy. :lovegrin: