Hi, newb here asking qn. abt buying DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balabong

Mar 2, 2006
Bishan
Hi, i'm new here and i've been considering getting a DSLR entry level cam. around 1k-1.5k. Do you pros have any recommendation? O, i'm just taking pictures as a hobby only. Not for business. Thanks in advance :D

-Jason

Balabong said:
Hi, i'm new here and i've been considering getting a DSLR entry level cam. around 1k-1.5k. Do you pros have any recommendation? O, i'm just taking pictures as a hobby only. Not for business. Thanks in advance :D

-Jason

Then the EOS 350D kit's for u! No mistake about it :)

Hmm. My friend who likes photography told me to get a D70. He said it was better. This is because he has a D50 and told me to get D70 instead.

With that budget, you should have quite a few choices:
Nikon D50
Canon 350D
Konical Minilta 5D
Olympus E500

just to name a few...:)

Balabong said:
Hmm. My friend who likes photography told me to get a D70. He said it was better. This is because he has a D50 and told me to get D70 instead.

D70? Might as well spend a bit more and get D70s.

Thanks for the help guys :D
Is there a site to compare the prices between a d50,70,70s? Or do anyone of u have the figures?

Some recent debate on new DSLR,
D70, KM 5d or Oly E 500

recommend a DSLR!!

KM 5D was a good choice due to the in build Anti-Shake and other feature, until KM camera department being transfered over to Sony. Have to wait until Sony to announce new DSLR or plans then settle better.

Thanks for the tips :D Will research thoroughly. Anyway no rush to buy. I end of the year then buying :D

Balabong said:
Thanks for the tips :D Will research thoroughly. Anyway no rush to buy. I end of the year then buying :D

Same here...but i'm aiming for a 5D.

I would recommend the 350D over the D50/70/70s because of

- 8 megapixels
- CMOS sensor for better noise control
- effective AutoWhiteBalance
- wider range of lenses for Canon
- I use it and it's really user friendly for the newbie

Balabong said:

End of year? Perhaps it would be call D90 by end of the year haha

Lmodel said:
End of year? Perhaps it would be call D90 by end of the year haha

Yah-lor, a bit too early to be asking about which to buy now...... :confused:

tat depends on yr preference. i'm a nikon user tat swtiched to canon. no don't get me wrong. nikon is just as gd. i'm on the same budget as u. but vertical grip is important 2 me, and d50 n d70s does not come with it. d200 onwards does n tats abt $2.9k just for the body. for canon 350D, its under $1.8k with vertical grip. although there r 3rd party vertical grips for d50 n d70s, they may not b stable as its not original.

one last advise, DSLR in the right hands can do magical wonders. if you decide to buy 1, make sure u go full swing into photography and explore it full potential. if not, it's gonna end up a white elephant u cant get rid off.

good luck and make the right decision... :cool: cheers

Balabong said:

Heh, maybe then got new DSLR coming out. Anyway, for now, you can go to it show and try out the different systems and see which one you like best.

I'm not sure about the more recent DSLR canon models, but I would suggest you try looking out for a Canon 10D... The technology is abit old, but the body construction is really great, with good focussing abilities. 6mp sensor if i remember correctly, more than enough for a hobbyist.. Many ppl selling off their 10Ds right now, around $1000-1300, quite worth the money in my opinion.

ortega said:
buy the same camera system as your shooting kakis
can share stuff

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.