Hi,, new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

budoy

Dec 14, 2009
Singapore
Hello newbie here,, i got d90 kit.

I get this camera as my friends told me it will be good to take photo for my baby,
my old cam is a Sony CYbershot DSC-H10.
Where can i get a crash course in photography?
My knowledge in DSLR is zero.

Thanks in advance
Budoy

Hello, budoy. A very warm welcome to you.
Crash course in DSLR - you can either read the stickies for newbies on the forum here in Newbie section, or buy an easy to read book on DSLR.
If really you would like to have some body instruct you and giving you some practical experience, then search for Knowledge Bowl's course on Basic DSLR photography.

Hi budoy.
Welcome to CS.
That's a really good camera you've got there. Don't put it to waste through lack of knowledge!

Check out Sulhan's thread for newbies HERE. That should get you started.
Photography can be self-taught through reading and experimentation, if you are so inclined. Attending courses may or may not work depending on your 'foundation' (basic knowledge).

Hello...welcome.

There are plenty of books in the library and info online. Just read the basics of photography to start with.

Anyway to quote you "I get this camera as my friends told me it will be good to take photo for my baby," do note that you may need a fast lens to do the job too. Get a 50mm f1.8 lens which is good and cheap.

Good buy...:thumbsup:
Welcome to CS....:cool:

Welcome to CS :) Many books out there will help you out. Do some time reading up & forget about crash course because you'll be crashing out in no time. In crash course, you'll be skipping lots of vital informations. Read up your camera's manual, which is important, get to know your camera & start reading basic photography books. Then go shoot & learn thru trial & error. You'll be richly rewarded through patience. D90 is a good camera. Do post your photos here & you'll get help & pointers from many experts here. So happy shooting! ;)

Hi Budboy,

Welcome to CS!

First tip: READ about light.

Second Tip: READ about exposure!

Third Tip: READ about the basics of photography!

Fourth Tip: READ your Manual!

Fifth Tip: READ about photographing children.

CHEERS!

thanks so much for the feed back,,
i will read the manual,, and probably get the Crash course in Knowledge, (20sgd)

Tnx.
Budoy.

Hi budoy.
Welcome to CS.
That's a really good camera you've got there. Don't put it to waste through lack of knowledge!

Photography can be self-taught through reading and experimentation, if you are so inclined. Attending courses may or may not work depending on your 'foundation' (basic knowledge).

great link you got here,, i will share with the wifey,,, :)

Hello...welcome.

There are plenty of books in the library and info online. Just read the basics of photography to start with.

Anyway to quote you "I get this camera as my friends told me it will be good to take photo for my baby," do note that you may need a fast lens to do the job too. Get a 50mm f1.8 lens which is good and cheap.

maybe later,, am quite enjoying this cam as i explore, :)

ZerocoolAstra said:
Hi budoy.
Welcome to CS.

budoy said:
great link you got here,, i will share with the wifey,,, :)

Actually the thread is just at the top of the Newbies Corner, within the sticky threads (highlighted in yellow)... Very easy to find.

Hi Budoy,

Welcome on Board!

Have a pleasant stay at CS!

Looking forward for your work....cheers!

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.