hi need help on filter

luckyorange

Jan 13, 2011
Ang Mo Kio
Hi can i know what filter to use to make those tree and grass more green? and how much is it? thanks in advance

Hi can i know what filter to use to make those tree and grass more green? and how much is it? thanks in advance

I think you are referring to a CPL, it can saturate colours and cut out reflection from water and glass and make the sky more blue etc etc.

Price depends on the brand, the size and the grade, you can refer to the filter price list for that.

thanks for the help. i got a cpl filter which can make the sky more blue, but can it make the tree more green? as in the leaf =x

thanks for the help. i got a cpl filter which can make the sky more blue, but can it make the tree more green? as in the leaf =x

Try increasing the saturation with Photoshop.

oic. so need to use photoshop ah? i tot theres a filter can make those thing happened haha.. okok thanks =) sorry

oic. so need to use photoshop ah? i tot theres a filter can make those thing happened haha.. okok thanks =) sorry

You can also try and increase your in-camera Saturation setting :)

The filter cannot do much when the light and angle is not there. Of course the CPL can also affect the appearance of vegetation. But it depends on the angle of the sun and the specifics of the leaves, grass or whatever you see there. So while a banana leaf might not appear impressive other trees can look different when using the CPL.
CPL filters light in a specific way. Which means: there must be light from the sun and there must be a reflection that affects the polarization of light. Using the filter you can select which light (polarization layer) you want.
Secondly, set your White Balance to 'Daylight' to avoid any corrections by Auto WB.

Hi, correct me if i'm wrong but you can just increase the vibrance or saturation in photoshop for making the trees and grass more green. A CPL main purpose is for reducing reflection or glare from shiny surfaces. Also, it had a filter factor which slow down your shutter speed.