Hi! Long time no see!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Hello all,

Long time never post in Clubsnap liao...glad to see all that are still around.
Just recently, my wife and her sister are going to take up photography. And I recommended them Nikon FM2n plus a AF Nikkor 50mm f1.8D to shart up with.
I dunno if I made the right choice or not? Comments anyone??

Koelsch

Jan 5, 2006
The Land of the Teddy Bear
HELLO! i'm newer than you and never see you around before. but are you related to xxxger? =x :bsmilie:

okok and budgets or anything? that's a good way to start up. would they like a dSLR or DC?

raptor84

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
Whoa you reccommend them to start with film? Dunno how much a FM2n costs now but IMHO digital would be better for learning as you can get instant feedback. If I'm not wrong the FM is a fully manual camera so learning curve might be a little steep. Unless of course you are planning on finishing 1 roll within 1 day then it shloud be fine..

I actully reccommend starting out with a consumer digital P&S with manual functions. When you feel more comfortable then maybe move on to film or digital SLR (depending on budget)

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Koelsch said:
HELLO! i'm newer than you and never see you around before. but are you related to xxxger? =x :bsmilie:

okok and budgets or anything? that's a good way to start up. would they like a dSLR or DC?
No, I am not related to xxxger la! :sweat:
Digital camera that have manual controls is too expensive la...so my wife's sis picked up a FM2n (for $350 only) plus a 50mm lens (new $170).
It maybe tough to learn with a fully manual camera but I think its fun and also best of all, Nikon FM2n would last you for many many years to come. :lovegrin:

raptor84

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
yes quite true :) film bodies do seem to have much longer life spans... actualy for about $520 there shloud be 1 or 2 conumer digicams what have manual control.. but like you said those wont last that long and a fully manual one makes you appreciate it more..

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
raptor84 said:
yes quite true :) film bodies do seem to have much longer life spans... actualy for about $520 there shloud be 1 or 2 conumer digicams what have manual control.. but like you said those wont last that long and a fully manual one makes you appreciate it more..
Actually, film and digital each have its pros and cons la... ;p
One good thing I like about this forum is tat you get your reply very fast!!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom