Hi I'm new.

Welcome to CS

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the useful learning links. Am reading up a lot of stuff now and hope to see my other Alpha friends!

Cheers!

Just thinking out loud..

Increase in aperture value will enlarge the depth of field, producing wider focus, hence slower shutter speed required at the lowest ISO.

Decrease in aperture value will lessen the depth of field, producing narrower focus, hence faster shutter speed required at the lowest ISO.

Just thinking out loud..

Increase in aperture value will enlarge the depth of field, producing wider focus, hence slower shutter speed required at the lowest ISO.

Decrease in aperture value will lessen the depth of field, producing narrower focus, hence faster shutter speed required at the lowest ISO.

You learn fast ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry! Question about filter size was answered by self-reading..

Last edited:
Welcome to CS :)

Welcome!

Thanks to all!

By the way, is there any chance that anyone knows why soooo many people are selling off their Sony A330? Just wondering.

Thanks to all!

By the way, is there any chance that anyone knows why soooo many people are selling off their Sony A330? Just wondering.

New model comes out, people upgrade, sells older model.

It is normal.

A camera is just a tool, the only thing that makes a bad picture is the person behind it, other than a broken, wonky camera that needs servicing... :bsmilie:

You'll hear the above (or similar tune) many times when you're on CS. Welcome! :D

Hahaha okaylah!

Give me time to shoot more..

Just wondering if it's possible to get a smooth silky water shots just by increasing the shutter speed and no need using ND filters?

Just wondering if it's possible to get a smooth silky water shots just by increasing the shutter speed and no need using ND filters?

It is possible. Just stop down on your aperture, (i.e. smaller aperture opening... larger F number). This will give you a longer shutter speed. Whether this shutter speed is slow enough to give you silky waters, depends on how strong the ambient light conditions are. If it is really bright and sunny out there, you will probably need an ND filter.

Hope this helps.

Just thinking out loud..

What do you mean wider and narrower focus?

What do you mean wider and narrower focus?

Wider focus as in taking the bigger picture ie. landscape.
And narrower focus as in focusing a particular object and blurring the background ie. macro.

Did I got it wrong?

It is possible. Just stop down on your aperture, (i.e. smaller aperture opening... larger F number). This will give you a longer shutter speed. Whether this shutter speed is slow enough to give you silky waters, depends on how strong the ambient light conditions are. If it is really bright and sunny out there, you will probably need an ND filter.

Hope this helps.

Ah I see.. So ambient light do play a part. Will take note of it. Thank you.

Actually I wanted to mention about aperture initially which I understand needs a higher f-value together with faster shutter but dont know why I didn't type it out. bah

Last edited: