Hi. I'm new

DDIONN

Jun 23, 2010
Hello everyone on CS! I need some suggestions for my cam combination, I'll be getting a
550D body.
1) 550D KitI-18-55mm + 55-250mm
2) 550D KitII-18-135mm

Please help me choose one or if there's another better suggestion, feel free to post or let me know. Thanks dude(s).

Hello everyone on CS! I need some suggestions for my cam combination, I'll be getting a
550D body.
2) 550D KitII-18-135mm

Please help me choose one or if there's another better suggestion, feel free to post or let me know. Thanks dude(s).
Welcome to CS :)
Both setups are pretty good. Are they coming at the same price? If not, then you have to weigh between the price & bringing out 2 lenses against 1 lens for your shoot.
The 18-135mm is a good reach & convenient & you don't have to hassle with changing lens. If you do not need the extra reach, stick with the 18-135mm.
If the price difference is not much, then go for the twin lens offer ;)

Welcome to CS :)
Both setups are pretty good. Are they coming at the same price? If not, then you have to weigh between the price & bringing out 2 lenses against 1 lens for your shoot.
The 18-135mm is a good reach & convenient & you don't have to hassle with changing lens. If you do not need the extra reach, stick with the 18-135mm.
If the price difference is not much, then go for the twin lens offer ;)

typo error? :D
(edit: ohhhh... I think I got it! You mean to say that if extra reach is not necessary, stick to 18-135 since it's more convenient!)

I think 18-135 is quite a pricey lens?
If 18-55 and 55-250 is cheaper or about the same price, you gain more range at the expense of some convenience.
My personal experience (with the type of shots I take) is that I hardly ever go beyond 35mm, and when I do, I need more than 135mm... So if it were my choice, I'd go for the twin lens combo.

Last edited:
typo error? :D
(edit: ohhhh... I think I got it! You mean to say that if extra reach is not necessary, stick to 18-135 since it's more convenient!)
:mad2:............................... In your own words is exactly what I said :cool:

Hi, I'm used.

You can find me in BnS most of the time... :bsmilie:

Welcome to CS.;)

welcome and enjoy your stay.

welcome..both options are good and i think it will come down to whether you want to carry another lens anot.

550D body.
2) 550D KitII-18-135mm

hi welcome to CS, and it depend on what you wanna shoot. but still i prefer the 18-55mm+55-250mm as it cover more range which is better than the 18-135mm. Then later get a 50mm f1.8:devil:

Welcome to CS~

If I had to choose, I would probably go for option 2 for starters. For me, no point getting so many lens when I have no idea what I am going to be shooting most of the time. Play around and learn with just the 18-135 first. Maybe also consider getting the 50 f/1.8 II? Cheap and good for portraits.

These are just my humble 2 cents. Good luck for your shopping! :)

Hi,

Welcome to CS:)

we can't really help u cos only u urself know wad u want? Questions only u urself can answer..

U need the extra reach in the tele in kit1?
Or are u contented with the focal length of kit2
and things like hassle if lens changing and such..

Hello!
For me i go with option 1.
BUT final decisions lies in you.
you should know what you want more and take my opinion as just a feedback.
Actually, just few simple questions.
Do u like to change lens? Bring both out?
U need that long range?

Enjoy ur new camera soon! :)

Think about what u want to shoot.

If u intend to go to the zoo or bird park, these kind of places, the 55-250 will come in handy.

The 18-135 is a versatile lens. But for me, I hardly go over 50mm. So I think the 18-55 would suffice actually. U should be using the wider end most of the time if u intend on shooting landscapes. when I need the reach(got pretty girl), then I'll switch to 55-250. There's quite a difference in the reach of 135 and 250. Yup.

That's my 2 cents.

Edit: Welcome to CS :)

Last edited:
The 18-135 is a versatile lens. But for me, I hardly go over 50mm. So I think the 18-55 would suffice actually. U should be using the wider end most of the time if u intend on shooting landscapes. when I need the reach(got pretty girl), then I'll switch to 55-250. There's quite a difference in the reach of 135 and 250. Yup.

By the time you switch lens, the pretty girl will be long gone :bsmilie::bsmilie:

By the time you switch lens, the pretty girl will be long gone :bsmilie::bsmilie:

The 250 reach is for u to capture her pretty face, sure got enough time unless u take 1min to change lens.

Oh okay thanks guys for all the info and stuff. I think that I go for option 1. If anyone thinks that option is better please write your opinions here..:)

Err regarding the price.. It has a difference of ard $100-$200...