hi i'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiboost

Aug 19, 2008
hi ! happy to join you guys and girl ! i'm hiboost first time touch slr camera i using nikon d80 can same one teach me how to use this cam ;)

kruger

Dec 2, 2005
Tampines
2 things, first, you have posted in the wrong forum. Second, read the manual first.

Jun 25, 2008
Pasir Ris
hi ! happy to join you guys and girl ! i'm hiboost first time touch slr camera i using nikon d80 can same one teach me how to use this cam ;)
sure, come i teach you.

first, open the box your camera came in.

Look inside.

Do you see a white booklet with words on it?

If no, go to www.nikon.com and download this thing called a manual. Its spelt M-A-N-U-A-L. not M-A-N-U-R-E.

If yes, pick it up

READ IT.

If you need more help after, there's a sticky in the newbies forum with a guide.

bovine

Deregistered
Sep 17, 2007
Departed....
3rdly ,u have to practice n practice. An expert can recite how to use the camera,what to do but PRACTICE is v.impt. Have fun with ur camera. :)

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
Hi hiboost

Welcome to CS

D80 is a great camera, should not be too difficult to figure out how to work it after abit of reading. I took at least a week to familarise with it as well ( my first DSLR too ) .

You can drop me a pm if there are still things u r unsure of after running thru the manual

Rgds
Ryan

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
most important step is to charge the battery, so that you can bring it out and play

don't shoot blindly, think about what you are doing

"if i change this setting, what happens?
why does it happens so?"

after a while you will become an expert already

Last edited:

a.c.e

Jul 27, 2007
i think u should know what is A & S first.
and also what they do.;)

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
Hello...welcome.

Maybe you can tell us what do you know about Aperture, Shutter Spped & ISO first. Do read up a bit on these topics first if you really have no idea of these terms.

checkers

Aug 18, 2008
:bigeyes:, lucky chap D80.........try putting to P mode for a start ;)

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
most important step is to charge the battery, so that you can bring it out and play
2nd most important step is: Don't bring the D80 body alone. Must remember to mount a lens!
3rd most important step: remove lens cap before taking photo :)

Jun 25, 2008
Pasir Ris
2nd most important step is: Don't bring the D80 body alone. Must remember to mount a lens!
3rd most important step: remove lens cap before taking photo :)
:embrass: i always forget to remove the lens cap before i lift the viewfinder up to eye level. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom