Hi! I'm a newbie who needs help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldcupfever

Apr 11, 2006
Greetings to all at clubsnap!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: I was advised to pay a visit to clubsnap while i was at another forum.....it does look like a place that i can find my answer. I'm not really an avid photographer.....but whenever I have the chance to travel, my cameras not far behind. I like to take pictures of nature, animals and other times, sports - fast moving action.

I'm quite amazed that there exist in Singapore such a huge, well managed forum like clubsnap. It is very impressive.

Anyway, i have been looking around for help with regards to my cameras. I basically own a Canon EOS300, a Canon Powershot S45 & a Canon Powershot A620. I am trying to sell off my Canon EOS300 but is a little clueless as to how much my set can fetch. Am really hoping that with so many experts & enthusiast around here, someone can give me some pointers and if possible, then I can post it up at the B&S section.

However being a newbie I can't post at the consumer thread yet. Would the admin / moderators here be kind enough to help move my thread over to the consumer thread if i were to put up my queries in a new thread.

Welcome to CS........

dreamerz said:
the price all depend on the condition, warranty, stuff u throw in n oso the color of ur body...

"....the color of ur body...???" You mind clarifying that one? :dunno:

worldcupfever said:
"....the color of ur body...???" You mind clarifying that one? :dunno:

eos 3oo.. film or digital.. should comes in silver or black body... i think he mean this...

I guess some would still prefer the cam to be black in colour... Silver does make it seem rather kiddish (no offense to the silver body owners)

Also, it's also nicer to match black bodies to black lens rather than a silver body to the black lenses...

Oic :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Anyway my set is a Canon EOS 300/QD film camera which is about 5 years old. Warranty's over. It came with the standard lens - EF28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 ll and a Canon bag. I have also 2 additional Canon lens - one EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 (U) & one EF 75-300mm f4.5-5.6 lll (USM). Body's silver & black. I am trying to sell off the entire set. Can throw in a tripod (aluminium, 4-section) & besides the original Canon bag which was barely used since I first bought it, I also have a Lowepro camera bag. It's not new but it's what I've been using over the past 2 years to carry the entire set of EOS300.

Condition of items (as per guidelines)

Lens:
EF 28-80mm: 10
EF 75-300mm: 8
EF 24-85mm: 8

Body: 7

Tripod: 8

Bags:
Canon: 10
Lowepro: 8

I basically would like to know roughly how much can a set (camera + lens) like this fetch if resold to any camera shops that buy back cameras. I don't wanna get ripped. I've got pictures of the set but not sure if I'm allowed to post them here.

Hmm...it's a bit difficult to gauge the selling price of such entry-level SLRs nowadays, since not many are selling right now. One thing I can say though, it will be tough to get a buyer for your camera nowadays.

The body itself is not worth much; for the lenses, you may want to search the Buy & Sell board for similar items and quote a price from there.

If you want to sell your Lowepro bag, state the model. And it's OK to post photos of the set here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.