Hi I am new! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nalissis

Hey guys!

My name is NANCY, from New Zealand and a brand new member of ClubSnap. I am seventeen years old, and have recently taking the liking for photography. As an art student, I feel that I should be more all-rounded. I take design, painting but no photography...therefore I am going to teach myself that, with help of photography communities.

I have not brought a camera yet, but hoping to soon. I have laid my eyes upon Canon Powershot pro1 as I believe a beginner should start off with a compact camera.

If you have any advices on purchasing cameras, please repl. Thank you.

hi there. welcome. :)

the pro 1 is far from compact. :bigeyes:

it's quite a monster actually. if i were u, i'd opt for something cheaper. somehow i cant find myself justifying buying the Pro1 when the minolta 5D DSLR is only $100 more.

welcome to a forum with a lot of nice ppl.

Take your time to choose a camera that suits you, you need to be comfortable with the gear that you will be using to embark on a long journey of photography joy.:)

Hi Nancy,

You might want to consider a secondhand EOS 350D instead of a brand new Canon Powershot pro1.

welcome ! we are nice people

If your SANYO batteries ever fail you, you should know who to look for :bsmilie:

"Welcome! Do not run, we are your friends!" :bsmilie:

Hello Nancy. Welcome to CS. Never mind the brand. Just buy what you feel is good for you. Go to the shops and try out the various models/brands on display. You will know the right one. It will feel just right in your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.