Hi I Am New Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuppolevrocker

Jan 13, 2008
Hi I am considering getting a digital camera. I am actually looking out for the following models.
Canon Power Shot S5 IS
FujiFilm Finepix S9600
FujiFilm Finepix S8000d

So far, in all the reviews I have read, the canon seems to be pretty promising except for high noise levels at ISO 200 and above. I am not getting a digital SLR due to financial constraints. Which Camera should I get?

One more thing, where do I get the best deal?
I got the following quotes
Canon Power Shot S5 IS:
Alan Photo Shop $625
Pixel $699
Audio House $699
Cathay Photo Shop $650
Balley Photo Shop $550

Oo if you can afford a brand new S5IS, ever considered a second hand 350D? Its about that price maybe slightly more.

Balley Photoshop seems too cheap to be true lol. Maybe you should ask if its a grey set. Do ask them what they give you in additional to the camera itself. Personally Alan Photo and Cathay Photo seems to be good.

Oo if you can afford a brand new S5IS, ever considered a second hand 350D? Its about that price maybe slightly more.

Balley Photoshop seems too cheap to be true lol. Maybe you should ask if its a grey set. Do ask them what they give you in additional to the camera itself. Personally Alan Photo and Cathay Photo seems to be good.

i agree i oso got a shock when see the balley photo price mebbie could be because they don bundle gifts whereas the rest do :confused:

I was shocked when the staff at Balley Photo Shop quoted me $550. It comes with a rechargeble battery, 1GB SD card and a mini tripod. Whats a grey set? I really need all the help I can get as this is my first time venturing into photography seriously and I do not wish to get ripped by a shop. I just hate the feeling of being ripped. :D

Grey set means a set with no warranty. Its usually a parrellel import and as such canon wont repair it for free if it breaks down in say 1 month later lo.

Status
Not open for further replies.