hi! How to check my SC ah?

luckyorange

Jan 13, 2011
Ang Mo Kio
hi guys! Im using nikon D3000. Thanks in advance :D. Btw! Can anyone tell me more about SC? What will happened when i reached the maximum sc?

the sc data can be found in the exif info of your photo. Do a search for freeware for sc reader.

hi guys! Im using nikon D3000. Thanks in advance :D. Btw! Can anyone tell me more about SC? What will happened when i reached the maximum sc?

There is no maximum. MTBF is just an estimate. It could fail earlier or later.

Try googling opanda iexif, it's free. It only reads the SC from jpgs though, if you shoot raw, it will not work. I tried converting my RAW file to jpg, but it doesn't read the shutter count. Usually, you will change your camera before your shutter fails. It's not that easy to break the shutter, so don't worry too much about shutter count.

The rated (maximum) number of shutter actuations of a camera is a guideline. This means that the shutter mechanism has been designed and tested to last at least, let's say, 100,000 actuations for the D3000.

While the shutter mechanism should work to 100,000 and beyond actuations it is also possible to die or fail before the rated/advertised 100,000 mark.

Unless you are really shooting like machine gun continuously, it's not something you need to be concerned or worried too much about.

Use your Shutter Count as an indication how much you have been using the camera.

There's no Max no for it. It depends on your luck whether it can tahan till that no.

It all depends on its build quality, how you use it and maintain it. usually ppl wun hit tt e max unless like wad others say you always use it like a machine gun or most likely you will upgrade to some other camera after using for a duration..

Shutter count does not show up for cannon, dont know if it will for nikon
Opanda IExif for Win98 / Me / 2000 / XP
http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/

For canon it shows the shutter count, dont know if it will work with nikon.
EOSInfo is a simple utility that presents useful information about your Canon EOS DSLR. To use EOSInfo, your EOS DSLR camera must be connected via USB cable and powered on. The data presented depends on the model of your camera - not all items are available for all EOS models.
EOSInfo evolved from the wildly popular 40DShutterCount utility - the name change reflects the wider applicability and expanded information presented. Future enhancements planned for EOSInfo include: one-button syncing of date/time with the PC, the ability to edit the owner name, copyright, and artist fields (including special characters), and the ability to check against an online server to verify that the firmware is up-to-date.

http://astrojargon.net/EOSInfo.aspx

_______
Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events |

Last edited:
brapodam said:
Try googling opanda iexif, it's free. It only reads the SC from jpgs though, if you shoot raw, it will not work. I tried converting my RAW file to jpg, but it doesn't read the shutter count. Usually, you will change your camera before your shutter fails. It's not that easy to break the shutter, so don't worry too much about shutter count.

Most software will retain exif when doing a conversion. In some software you need to enable the option to retain exif info. In Photoshop if you do a cut and paste, you will lose the exif. If you use crop tool the exif is retained.

Most software will retain exif when doing a conversion. In some software you need to enable the option to retain exif info. In Photoshop if you do a cut and paste, you will lose the exif. If you use crop tool the exif is retained.

hi bro, if i using nikon viewnx2 to convert my raw file does it retain exif? to be honest i'm a newbie in digital photography. so hope you can explain more regarding exif. thanks:) and sorry to all i not intend to sabotaj this thread:embrass:

atkblues said:
hi bro, if i using nikon viewnx2 to convert my raw file does it retain exif? to be honest i'm a newbie in digital photography. so hope you can explain more regarding exif. thanks:) and sorry to all i not intend to sabotaj this thread:embrass:

It should. But I cannot confirm since I am using a 3rd party software to convert raw.

Last edited:
when you are using ViewNX2 to do file conversion, you will see option of

□ Remove Camera setting information

□ Remove XMP/IPTC information

□ Remove ICC color profile

if you don't select the check boxes, the information will retain in the conversion.

Your question is noting related to the original question which thread starter posted,
please start a new thread if you have any other questions.

when you are using ViewNX2 to do file conversion, you will see option of

□ Remove Camera setting information

□ Remove XMP/IPTC information

□ Remove ICC color profile

if you don't select the check boxes, the information will retain in the conversion.

Your question is noting related to the original question which thread starter posted,
please start a new thread if you have any other questions.

sorry :)