Hi Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0804

Jun 1, 2009
Jakarta
Just joined today. Photography is just a recreational hobby and used in my travel. I am a Singaporean and have been working overseas for the last 15 years. Currently using 50D with 24-70 f2.8L and 70-200 f2.8L IS. I intend to upgrade to the 5D MK II.

Great Club and hope to make more friends with the same interest.

Cheers

Hi, welcome to CS! ;)

Hey Welcome Man where are you working currently working at now ?

Hi Chris,

welcome to CS

welcome ^^
will be lovely to see some of the overseas pictures you have taken.

Gentlemen, thanks for the warm welcome. Currently am working in Shenzhen, China with Hong Kong only 30 minutes away. I would love your opinion on my intention to change my 50D for the 5D2. I am happy with 24mm coverage and 200mm reach for my photographic needs. However, with the 50D, my 24mm becomes a 38mm which is not as wide as I'd liked. I have got 2 choices, buy another lens probably the 16-35 f2.8L or change to 5D2 so I can have the 24mm that is enough for me. I find that it is cheaper if I sell off my 50D and just add to buy the 5D2 rather than buying another lens and have 2 bodies as photography is just a hobby. Benefits will be full frame and more pixels. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Welcome to CS!:)

Welcome to CS!!:lovegrin:

Welcome to CS family!

Gentlemen, thanks for the warm welcome. Currently am working in Shenzhen, China with Hong Kong only 30 minutes away. I would love your opinion on my intention to change my 50D for the 5D2. I am happy with 24mm coverage and 200mm reach for my photographic needs. However, with the 50D, my 24mm becomes a 38mm which is not as wide as I'd liked. I have got 2 choices, buy another lens probably the 16-35 f2.8L or change to 5D2 so I can have the 24mm that is enough for me. I find that it is cheaper if I sell off my 50D and just add to buy the 5D2 rather than buying another lens and have 2 bodies as photography is just a hobby. Benefits will be full frame and more pixels. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Welcome to CS!

ah, do you shoot a lot at the long range of your 70-200? If you shoot a lot on burst mode, you'll be shooting a lot slower rate with the 5dmk2 as it's 3.x fps versus 5.x fps. People have commented that the AF is faster on the 50D versus the 5Dmk2... but you would need to verify this yourself. Perhaps rent the 5Dmk2 and see how it fairs in your daily scenario?

Hi 2evans, no I do not shoot in the burst mode so I can live with the 3fps. I am impress with the 50D's af and have heard that the 5D2's af is slower. Basically, using the camera for travel shoots and especially people and the occasional photos of my dogs. Perhaps you can call this very sedate shooting. Regrettably I may have to end up with both the 50D and the 5D2, it may be a blessing in disguise as I actually wanted to sell the 50D and buy the other. Thanks for the head up.

Wow, having the 5d mk2 and 50D would be awesome. :) No need to change lenses and the 50D gives you the extra reach with the crop factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.