Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

Kimutaku

Oct 26, 2010
Joo Seng Road
Just brought a Canon 550D | Kit EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom.

Hopefully can learn more thing here and take great photo to share and discuss with you all :)

So happy with my new toy :D

Welcome to CS . . . :D

Welcome to CS!!!

Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

welcome! Enjoy shooting and ask questions if in doubt. But remember to read through the user manual first!

Im wanan some a question. Is the Tamron 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom consider a not bad lense compare to the canon default kit2 18-135mm lense ?

Never get the kit 2 as its quite expensive.

Last edited:
Im wanan some a question. Is the Tamron 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom consider a not bad lense compare to the canon default kit2 18-135mm lense ?

Never get the kit 2 as its quite expensive.
I checked www.photozone.de , but there wasn't a review of the Tamron 70-300.

the "not a bad lens compared to...." is quite subjective.
If you find changing lenses a bad thing, then it's worse :)

But 18-55 and 70-300 effectively covers more range than 18-135, if that's your preference.

I checked www.photozone.de , but there wasn't a review of the Tamron 70-300.

the "not a bad lens compared to...." is quite subjective.
If you find changing lenses a bad thing, then it's worse :)

But 18-55 and 70-300 effectively covers more range than 18-135, if that's your preference.

icic thats my preference as im going oversea next year to maybe taiwan to take the scenery there. For the kit 2 is onli up to 135.

Just scare i get a bad lense for long range which recommended by my friend's uncle shop.

icic thats my preference as im going oversea next year to maybe taiwan to take the scenery there. For the kit 2 is onli up to 135.

Just scare i get a bad lense for long range which recommended by my friend's uncle shop.
well, test it out extensively and see if you're happy with the output from this lens :)

btw, it's lens hor.... not lense... ;)