Hi guys. Got some question on Lowepro Fastpack-250

luckyorange

Jan 13, 2011
Ang Mo Kio
Hello anyone using the above lowepro Fastpack 250? is it big enough? as in the storage space to put ur own staff rather beside ur dslr and laptop? cos im thinking of getting one of those and carry it to my work. is it suitable?

Hello anyone using the above lowepro Fastpack 250? is it big enough? as in the storage space to put ur own staff rather beside ur dslr and laptop? cos im thinking of getting one of those and carry it to my work. is it suitable?

Best way to really find out is to go down to the shop to see it for yourself rather than guessing.....Also you did not state the equipments you want to put in (e.g. 1DSLR + lens + prime, flash, Grip etc)

The advantages of going down is you can find another model that suits better if this Fastpack 250 doesn't work out nicely for you.

luckyorange said:

I had the fast pack 250. I find it to be spacious enough when I travel with 3 lenses, a camera body and a flash and a 14in laptop. I still have the top compartment empty for my personal stuff. Problem is my 15.4 widescreen laptop will fit but it is quite tight. And the bag gets really heavy and with the tight laptop fit, the back becomes really stiff and uncomfortable. If your laptop is 15 in and above, I recommend you go for the 350.

Many new bags have been released. I also recommend the vanguard skyborne series.

I am using a kata 3n1-33 now. Now that I am not traveling as much. I am also considering a thinktank backpack, but my CFO has placed a ban on camera bags.

In the end, you need to see for yourself also. Since different people have different needs. And everyone's definition of "big enough" is different.

Last edited:
yup.. maybe i should go check it out. just wanna put a d3000 with kit lens and another 55-200 1 blower thats all? haha. oh and a 14" laptop. hope i got extra space to put my jacket and some other small staff haha =). erm can i know where got sell? i know cathay photo have but i wanna know other places have?

I had the fast pack 250. I find it to be spacious enough when I travel with 3 lenses, a camera body and a flash and a 14in laptop. I still have the top compartment empty for my personal stuff. Problem is my 15.4 widescreen laptop will fit but it is quite tight. And the bag gets really heavy and with the tight laptop fit, the back becomes really stiff and uncomfortable. If your laptop is 15 in and above, I recommend you go for the 350.

Many new bags have been released. I also recommend the vanguard skyborne series.

I am using a kata 3n1-33 now. Now that I am not traveling as much. I am also considering a thinktank backpack, but my CFO has placed a ban on camera bags.

In the end, you need to see for yourself also. Since different people have different needs. And everyone's definition of "big enough" is different.

Oic.. alright i will go check it out the vanguard haha.. thanks for the information =)

yup.. maybe i should go check it out. just wanna put a d3000 with kit lens and another 55-200 1 blower thats all? haha. oh and a 14" laptop. hope i got extra space to put my jacket and some other small staff haha =). erm can i know where got sell? i know cathay photo have but i wanna know other places have?

You can try MS Color main branch (infront of Jubilee) first (since I think you live in AMK from the "location" info). They have abit of bags there, probably not as much as Cathay Photo, but I bought my Vanguard & Lowepro bags there. for the prices, best to get quotes from different shops. Some shops just sell cheaper for some models than others.

yup i went ms color b4 but dint really see what bag they have. i think mostly all sling back? im looking for a backpack haha =) and i dont wish to spend more than 100 on a bag =x

yup i went ms color b4 but dint really see what bag they have. i think mostly all sling back? im looking for a backpack haha =) and i dont wish to spend more than 100 on a bag =x

The have backpacks in the shelves outside....all wrapped up in clear plastic bags. The shelve closest to the main door & tripods, middle section are the slingshots, the backpack (Fastpack & Flipside) is normally located at the top or bottom level. I normally look at every section to ensure that the dun have it before I go other shops :p

If you can't find the bag you want, you can try asking the staffs. If it's OOS and you don't want to take the trouble to go Funan or SLS, you can wait till it restocks if not urgent.

*I do agree that they have more slingbags than backpacks*

The Vanguard bags are located abit further away from the main door in a metal rack (IIRC), got my Vanguard Uprise 45 (backpack) there. I think Vanguard bags are normally more expensive than Lowepro bags.

oh okok! think i will go down this evening to check it out. thanks alot =)

If you only got a d3000 + 2 lens, then most probably this bag could be too big...but it is the smallest fastpack which can fit laptop... TK and Cathay got quite a few selections of backpacks so you can there take a look...

oh okok! think i will go down this evening to check it out. thanks alot =)

No problems :)

Also living in AMK. Got quite abit of stuffs from there. It's nice to have these kind of shops in the neighborhood if you dun have the energy to travel to Town to get those stuffs.

Last edited:
No problems :)

Also living in AMK. Got quite abit of stuffs from there. It's nice to have these kind of shops in the neighbourhood f you dun have the energy to travel to Town to get those stuffs.

haha true. im working at tb but still im lazy to go down town and see haha

If you only got a d3000 + 2 lens, then most probably this bag could be too big...but it is the smallest fastpack which can fit laptop... TK and Cathay got quite a few selections of backpacks so you can there take a look...

too big as in the camera compartment? cos i need to put in a laptop so got no choice haha. i think its quite ok also the price

SkimMilk said:
daredevil123, care to share where you got the kata 3n1-33 and how much was it?

TK. $170. Tripod holder attachment is $20 or $30, can't remember.

SkimMilk said:
thanks!
Can the tripod holder hold larger tripods? Do you find it useful? I've got a benro 550ex. not sure if it can fit.

I find it useful for smaller tripods.

luckyorange said:

Hi, I got my Fastpack 250 at the IT show. It fits my D7000, flash, kit lens, 70-300 and 35 prime comfortably in all the compartments. Still got some compartments free, so put my P&S also. My 13.3" laptop goes in comfortably into the laptop compartment. The top still got space so I keep my laptop charger and umbrella :) and a few other things like cables etc. I love this bag, but I think too big to double up as an everyday office bag, so I use it only for my photo/outdoor trips

hi kansatish, how much did you get the fastpak250? and from where? I saw it at TK just now. Price stated on bag was $130. btw, does it come with rain cover? (i didnt see it just now)

SkimMilk said:
hi kansatish, how much did you get the fastpak250? and from where? I saw it at TK just now. Price stated on bag was $130. btw, does it come with rain cover? (i didnt see it just now)

Fastpack does not come with rain cover. When i was still using the fast pack, I bought a raincover at a hiking equipment store for around $10.