Hi guys.. a noob question

firearm12

Jan 13, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am quite new to photography and have bought a Canon EOS 550d few days back.. It may be a very dumb question but I have seen many photographs in forums and many webpages that contain black straps (either at top and bottom or around all four sides). I think this makes the pics quite interesting as our eyes become more attentive to what's lying inside the black area. So, please anyone can help me how do i get these black straps in photos... How to do this in photoshop?

It's called frame or border. Freeware tools like Photoscape can help.
But, since you are new, focus on what's inside the frame (hint: composition). A black border cannot make up for things that went wrong in the picture ;)

Hi Guys,

I am quite new to photography and have bought a Canon EOS 550d few days back.. It may be a very dumb question but I have seen many photographs in forums and many webpages that contain black straps (either at top and bottom or around all four sides). I think this makes the pics quite interesting as our eyes become more attentive to what's lying inside the black area. So, please anyone can help me how do i get these black straps in photos... How to do this in photoshop?

There is a guide on the main clubsnap homepage on this.

Thanks mates. Yes the composition does matter whats all in a pic :) .. i was just curious as to how to make it more attractive... :)

I suppose you mean 'stripes' or something to that effect?

coz this is an example of a black strap
camera-n-25-black-01-16361-a.jpg

http://www.mtitechclub.org/camera-images/camera-n-25-black-01-16361-a.jpg