Hi from the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat ryan

Nov 9, 2008
www.dochurst.co.uk
Hi Clubsnap,

I shall be staying in Singapore on my journey to and from NZ. Just trying to gather as much inof. as possible when I do visit so I don't waste my valuable time and discovered your excellent site.

I mainly study architecture www.dochurst.co.uk but will try to capture as much as my memory cards will allow on this journey:)

Regards

cR

Hi, welcome to CS and our little island nation

ask away and i am sure that we will help you if we can

Thanks zcf.

Ortaga,

I am probably going for architectural primarily (day and night scenes) looking for something a little different, then landscape and wildlife. Just a variation from what I have available here to capture and a stock base for competitions etc.

Quite interested in street scenes as they are so colourful.

I have found the Bird parks very useful in the past as they are large aviaries rather than small cages over here.

I did visit about 3 yrs ago and so have a basic idea of what is in the city centre, but very basic and pre digital.

I shall of course post some once I have returned.

cheers:)

cR

Welcome

read more
shoot more
post more

Welcome!

You did mention about the memory cards being a limitation for the number of shots you took. If you weren't joking (English humor is always difficult to digest ;)), I'd suggest getting a portable harddrive or what they call "photobanks" where you can slot in the CF cards into the bank, have all photos transferred over, and format the card in your camera. That way, you can shoot as much as you want ;)

Cheers,
Zexun

Thanks headshotzx,Zac08

I shall have my lappy with me to download. I had considered one of these in the past but decided to wait until they refined a little more and reduced in price:)

cR

Last edited:
Thanks zcf.

Ortaga,

I am probably going for architectural primarily (day and night scenes) looking for something a little different, then landscape and wildlife. Just a variation from what I have available here to capture and a stock base for competitions etc.

Quite interested in street scenes as they are so colourful.

I have found the Bird parks very useful in the past as they are large aviaries rather than small cages over here.

I did visit about 3 yrs ago and so have a basic idea of what is in the city centre, but very basic and pre digital.

I shall of course post some once I have returned.

cheers:)

cR

hi cR,

which part of the uk do you hail from? :)

singapore isn't quite smothered in wildlife; but it does have areas where they are to be found in abundance; unless cats will suffice, in which case we have them almost everywhere in our signature housing estates.

for architecture, if you are comfortable with modern skyscrapers, then city hall will be a great location, a quick search on sites like flickr would probably reveal the common subjects. for something more unusual you can try relatively preserved housing estates like tiong bahru.

city hall is also good for night scenes, as is the kallang basin.

if you wish to have someone bring you around, etc; do let me know, i can arrange something for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.