Hi from newbie

greenred

Jun 19, 2010
Sg
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and photography.

I have some questions??? :)

I search first before this post. However, I also want to say Hi to everybody.

I'm wondering to know how to shoot the sunset with yello sky background like in below picture. Do i need special setting (WB) or filter?

The picture is from flickr and i just use here to point as sample. The copyright should be the photographer of this photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phosy/2744763775/

Welcome to CS:)Most likely was using a Tianya/Cokin/Lee square filter:)

welcome to clubsnap...

it could simply be playing with the white balance settings.
But I'm not 100% sure so it's just my guess.

Hi,

Welcome to CS. :)

That can be achieved with a preset WB balance more towards a warmer color temperature

Last edited:
Thanks friends.

I have read that WB setting to change 10,000K but my camera can't put numbers.
I can only use color grid.

Definitely I'll need good place and sun light. I'll try. :thumbsup:

welcome bro to clubsnap....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks friends.

I have read that WB setting to change 10,000K but my camera can't put numbers.
I can only use color grid.

Definitely I'll need good place and sun light. I'll try. :thumbsup:
10,000K sounds very high. I don't think that setting is achievable.

Since your camera doesn't allow you to set colour temperature in Kelvin (K), best that you put this info aside for the time being.
As a general guide, if you set your WB to fluorescent (which is more bluish), your photos will end up more reddish (warmer)
If you set your WB to tungsten (which is quite reddish), your photos will end up more bluish (cooler).
Just extrapolate from there... :)

Welcome:)

Welcome to CS :)
Do read up some books on how to take nice sunrise/sunset photos. You'll a get a better idea from the readings. After that, go shoot & post your photos in the respective section & from there you'll get some C&C and you'll learn more from it ;)

Welcome to CS :)

Welcome to CS! :)

Another alternative is to shoot in RAW and make adjustments to your WB during PP.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your all suggestion. :)

Now I have got the idea. See here for my sunset color experiment photo.

I think you're on thr right track. Shoot facing the sun, with a warm WB setting. Expose the sun properly, you should be able to get it. :)

Last edited:
I think you're on thr right track. Shoot facing the sun, with a warm WB setting. Expose the sun properly, you should be able to get it. :)

I just look back my old photos. I found one here. At that time i didn't change WB setting. I'll need right time, clear sky and correct exposure.
:) correct?