Hi from new zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

billylid

Jul 17, 2009
New to this site (looks great) and new to DSLR camera. Have had point and shoot since dec 08 and just bought canon 40D with Canon EF 35-150mm f/4-5.6 lens. Would love feedback re further lens purchase to cover macro, sports, landscape, walk a bout etc. Also any advise on best backpack to house up to 3 lenses and usual accessories. I saw one that had a side loading tripod holder but didnt save it on my pc. Would appreciatre any feedback from members. thankyou very much. Bill.

Hi Bill, welcome to Club Snap :)

I'd recommend that you read some of the reviews in the forums with regards to your questions. There are some good threads on backpacks for what your equipment. Do a brand name search eg. Lowepro, Crumpler etc ... and you will find what you're looking for.

As for lens, your interests would almost cover the entire lens range. There is no one magic lens to rule them all, but if you are not shooting in low light conditions, I'd recommend looking at the Sigma 18-200 with OS as all in one lens. Canon has also the same lens in the same range, I am not sure how it stacks up against the Sigma. You'll have to find that out on your own mate.

Hi billylid,

Welcome to CS!

For me, I have the EFS 18-200mm for daily walkabout shooting and the EF 100mm Macro for my macro hobby :). I'm currently looking at either EF 300L/ EF 100-400L / Sigma 50-500mm for longer teleshots but that will come next year as I'm saving up for the lens.

new zealand is a beautiful place,
but a bit too cold

hope you capture wonderful photos with your camera :)

Hi billylid,

welcome to CS :)

Hi billylid, welcome to CS mate !;)

Welcome to CS Bill..!!!

Hope you enjoy you stay here..
NZ is a very beautiful and nice place...

Please post and share your photos here..!!

:)

Welcome to CS family! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome people. :

Hi billylid, welcome to clubsnap!

New to this site (looks great) and new to DSLR camera. Have had point and shoot since dec 08 and just bought canon 40D with Canon EF 35-150mm f/4-5.6 lens. Would love feedback re further lens purchase to cover macro, sports, landscape, walk a bout etc. Also any advise on best backpack to house up to 3 lenses and usual accessories. I saw one that had a side loading tripod holder but didnt save it on my pc. Would appreciatre any feedback from members. thankyou very much. Bill.

hi billy! I'm new too!
NZ is a beautiful place... been there many many years back..
I love Christchurch then... :)

Hope to see nice photos from you!

Hi! Welcome to CS!

Status
Not open for further replies.