Hi-Fi System Scam!!!!! Be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padawan said:
MLM is scam lah ... how can not scam one.....so esy to make money issit?

why do you all say MLM is a scam?

laugh said:
why do you all say MLM is a scam?

Not all MLMs are scams. Just to clarify. No I am not into MLM but I do work in few of those companies. Sometimes it is the people. Some of the MLMers bug and bug you until you have to show them the middle finger go get rid of them. Some just keep harping on them while you are having a makan with them. That somehow caused some phobia.

As for the speaker thingy, wow ... it's amazing how many 'innocent' people we have out there who believe that there is a 'free lunch' :bsmilie: For those who have fallen for it, or even went to the van to 'hear more about it' ... come on ... slap yourself 10 times real hard. ;) I have had 2 ex-collegues telling me about that too. I just asked them 'where have you been in the last 20 years?' :bsmilie: they understood what i meant ...

Hmm....i always wonder.....

If let say in 1 HDB flat, everyone into MLM of same company.......then who buy what from who???...Market saturation....?

Hahaha....then need to hunt next block!!!!

rgds,
me

sulhan said:
Hmm....i always wonder.....

If let say in 1 HDB flat, everyone into MLM of same company.......then who buy what from who???...Market saturation....?

Hahaha....then need to hunt next block!!!!

rgds,
me

what if every1 in the next block also into MLM? :bsmilie:

MLM require u to sell the product, and also to recruite other ppl to sell the product, these ppl become yr competitors. It works in the theory that the market is infinite size, so more ppl can sell more. But in real world the market is finite, so in the end everyone is selling the same product but there are no buyers. I have not heard of anyone who make money from MLM, I heard of many who lose.

...looks like I'm not alone!

We really really should get down the van's number next time. Serious.

I actually had a colleague's friend who got conned with a 'Mission' speaker. Brought back and the ...er...basically the Polk Audio on his PC sounded better. :bsmilie:

No but seriously...it was a dud. A soap would have been useful.

Remember...get the van's number.

Sounds like spending money on dirty money. Spend more time reading the papers as such scam occasionally reported.

If it is ReVox, it's a steal.

i encountered the same thing early this yr at AMK carpark. I thought them straight I am not interested as I never believe in super deals, sure something wrong

they were very persistent and refused to drive their white van away even though it's blocking my car

i had to raised my voice to the 2 of them

just beware....should have taken their veh no. slipped my mind

icyflame said:
i encountered the same thing early this yr at AMK carpark. I thought them straight I am not interested as I never believe in super deals, sure something wrong

they were very persistent and refused to drive their white van away even though it's blocking my car

i had to raised my voice to the 2 of them

just beware....should have taken their veh no. slipped my mind

If you have the time, you should just remember their vehicle number and walk away then go and call the police. They surely kena ding-tong-bell one! ;p

maybe u 2 would like to go to police station to report nevertheless and describe the van model/color etc so that police on patrol will be alert too

Astin said:
MLM require u to sell the product, and also to recruite other ppl to sell the product, these ppl become yr competitors. It works in the theory that the market is infinite size, so more ppl can sell more. But in real world the market is finite, so in the end everyone is selling the same product but there are no buyers. I have not heard of anyone who make money from MLM, I heard of many who lose.
a fren of mine did a research on MLM a few months ago....he found out that the hit rate that you'll be successful is something like 1:25000 or 1:2500...cant remember what he said...and i too believe that not all MLM are scams...but STILL we all need to open our eyes and ears or else we'd fall into a pitless hole that will ZAP your money dry because of scammers!

eug said:
The jokers should have labeled it "macintosh"

and tell the potential target that it's a homage to the Apple... :bsmilie:

if they were giving it for free, just take them, and don't pay. hey, they said, FREE right... buy two takeaway packs of teh, and stuff it into their hands... :bsmilie:

try reading thru this assignment i did two years ago, about a specific deviation of MLM, called "binary", and see what you think.

http://sehsuan.clubsnap.org/download/sehsuan-binarymarketingplans.pdf

i tried my hand in MLM a few years ago, i didn't earn, but for the money i spent in it... i learnt a fairly cheap lesson on ethics, morality, responsibility, friendship, and many many more. if not for it, i wouldn't have seen the beautiful and the ugly side of people. i have one downline who waaaay surpassed me, who is my JC chum, i also had my way-way-upline who took my $1600 claiming it's for his sister's divorce settlement fee whatnot, and hasn't contacted me for the last 2 years. for that money, i learnt quite a few good lessons.

anyway, regarding the speakers... the folks will be stunned when you say you're the importer, and can sell it to them for the cost price... :bsmilie:

To all who got this:

I was nearly conned too!! On brink of buying(dumb me). This operation was carried out by three persons = one tall and thin guy wearing a cap, another short guy botak head with spec, last one is a guy dark tanned short hair chinese *******!! Ya selling "high end" Hi Fi set.
>>> They drove by and stopped me, saying that they wanted to offload these spare hi fi set and whether I wanted them for 'so called' free but just give them kopi money abt $300.

They even showed me a cataloge with the price USD $1099 plus got warranty card. Oh these dickheads said they worked for DICKSON whatever shop or company. I cant remember the full license plate im sure of the numbers and the 1st and last alphabet G_ _ 6678 C.

Sad thing is, it's hard to stop them. Afterall, people were willingly cheated in a way cos there'd be people still naive enough to believe them. So must spread the word around!! And if they're persistent, the next time I see them, I'd just tell them straight in the face that they are cheaters and I am not stupid.

Astin said:
I call these the 4 Heavenly Kings of scam in Singapore:
- Time Share
- Multilevel Marketing
- High Class Hifi in a Van
- Magic Stone/Bargain Electronic Chip/whatever u called it

They are not new, have been around for decades, and every year I will hear ppl fall for it.
(You are lucky!)

One more famous or rather infamous one - the Nigerian scam - put in some money to get a jackpot from the Nigerian government!

Remember they prey on GREED or something for nothing, or almost. Or something that is too good to be true. Or pay a small sum to get a big fortune.

Sleepyhello said:
To all who got this:

I was nearly conned too!! On brink of buying(dumb me). This operation was carried out by three persons = one tall and thin guy wearing a cap, another short guy botak head with spec, last one is a guy dark tanned short hair chinese *******!! Ya selling "high end" Hi Fi set.
>>> They drove by and stopped me, saying that they wanted to offload these spare hi fi set and whether I wanted them for 'so called' free but just give them kopi money abt $300.

They even showed me a cataloge with the price USD $1099 plus got warranty card. Oh these dickheads said they worked for DICKSON whatever shop or company. I cant remember the full license plate im sure of the numbers and the 1st and last alphabet G_ _ 6678 C.

Sad thing is, it's hard to stop them. Afterall, people were willingly cheated in a way cos there'd be people still naive enough to believe them. So must spread the word around!! And if they're persistent, the next time I see them, I'd just tell them straight in the face that they are cheaters and I am not stupid.
do not act tough and confront them. 3:1 isn't fun. remember the licence plate number and quickly report to police.

Drudkh said:
do not act tough and confront them. 3:1 isn't fun. remember the licence plate number and quickly report to police.

find an excuse and disappear, like "i have a friend who is into hifi, wait here, i will go and bring him down" or "i have hearing difficulties, huh, huh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.