Hi fellow Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

andikong

Deregistered
May 8, 2005
East
I am andikong, my actual name spells Andy Kong, I have been a Photographer cum Graphics
designer for over forty years. Since the day where i have a simple range finder camera and
at that time it's only B/W pictures. Then i bought myself a first SLR Nikkormat after winning
a first prize in a local design competition and i bought it at Cathy Photo Bras Basah. I still
have the Nikkormat today.
The nice gentleman who serves me is Mr Lim who now works for Max Photo.
Now at the age of 62 I am still active doing Graphic design and Digital Photography with a few clients.
Feel nice and great at ClubSnap.

My hobby becomes my profession.

Hi and welcome, wow, 40 years in this kind of line:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

hi, welcome to clubsnap!

Mine name is gilbert, i'm also a full time photographer cum graphic artist. First year in the photography business. cheers!

Wah! Lau-qian-bei, welcome. Can share what you have experienced through the years as a graphic designer 40 yrs ago compare to now? Like tools, techniques, & so forth...which helps & improvised in this field? Not to forget the design trends & creativity too.:)
You don't have to answer if you don't feel like to. Thanks.:what:

Hope Clubsnap will still be around for another 40 yrs to come.;p Cheers to all!

cathay at bras basah road! not many here would have visited this shop. anyway, this was where they were at before they moved to peninsula shopping.

andikong said:
I am andikong, my actual name spells Andy Kong, I have been a Photographer cum Graphics
designer for over forty years. Since the day where i have a simple range finder camera and
at that time it's only B/W pictures. Then i bought myself a first SLR Nikkormat after winning
a first prize in a local design competition and i bought it at Cathy Photo Bras Basah. I still
have the Nikkormat today.
The nice gentleman who serves me is Mr Lim who now works for Max Photo.
Now at the age of 62 I am still active doing Graphic design and Digital Photography with a few clients.
Feel nice and great at ClubSnap.

My hobby becomes my profession.

hello andy
welcome

I recall the cathay at bras basah, no money to go there to buy anythig then
small shop, see how far they have come?
smart guy Mr. Toh

some other camera shops in the same row went bust already.

Spectrum said:
Wah! Lau-qian-bei, welcome. Can share what you have experienced through the years as a graphic designer 40 yrs ago compare to now? Like tools, techniques, & so forth...which helps & improvised in this field? Not to forget the design trends & creativity too.:)
You don't have to answer if you don't feel like to. Thanks.:what:

Hope Clubsnap will still be around for another 40 yrs to come.;p Cheers to all!

Hi Spectrum

I use my 35mm Nikkormat to do most of my advertising design work, Photography mostly in
B/W using my Nikon 105mm lens for products shots and close portraits. Later I switch to
Mamiya RB Pro 7 with 127mm lens the whole sets i bought in Hong Kong for only S$ 1,000/=
I do most of my B/W processing and printing in my tiny darkroom using a Lucky enlarger which i bought second-hand and it last through over 20 yrs. Now I do most of my digital colour job with the help of the Apple Computer and the Photoshop software. Right from Photography, digital editing and design to final print.

Can you believe me, I am using a Canon Powershots A400 with only 3.2 mega pixel to do most of my A1 size digital poster and display Dura clear Trans for light box. Results, I could say its fantastic and its as good as my 6x7 Mamiya format print. I like to share my experience with this small little camera if any one like to view some of my works in prints.
I can be contacted at HP: 9661 3602 if you need to hear my experience in this field./

Cheers to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.