hi everyone..

kelchew

Feb 25, 2011
bedok
hi, everyone here, i have a qus to ask,
for a family gathering in a resturant will you be taking a tripod along, :confused:
or asking ppl around to help you take pic for you?:bigeyes:

for a family gathering in a resturant will you be taking a tripod along, :confused:

I would always ask someone to take a picture. Deploying a tripod in the middle of a restaurant is very rude and will inconvenience everyone who needs to pass by.

Deploy the tripod if you want to prevent the waiters from serving you :bsmilie:

I would always ask someone to take a picture. Deploying a tripod in the middle of a restaurant is very rude and will inconvenience everyone who needs to pass by.

thanks, that what i m thinking as will, look so funny with the tripod

Deploy the tripod if you want to prevent the waiters from serving you :bsmilie:

nono that what i dont wan..;p

ok think will jus put away my tripod than..
thanks for the help..

Haha I don't want the waiters to trip and spill hot soup over someone, so I rather not deploy a tripod

Haha I don't want the waiters to trip and spill hot soup over someone, so I rather not deploy a tripod

yap, hope that i wont get blur pic...

If it was buffet and there is something that you wanted to take, u can deploy a tripod at that area to prevent others assess to that particular food.

If it was buffet and there is something that you wanted to take, u can deploy a tripod at that area to prevent others assess to that particular food.

not a buffet, more of a chinese style dinner.. and hoping to take a full family photo...

I wouldn't leave it to chance on Auto. I'll switch to manual, do a few test shots, set to MF and tell the waiter where to stand, while arranging everyone in the frame.

I wouldn't leave it to chance on Auto. I'll switch to manual, do a few test shots, set to MF and tell the waiter where to stand, while arranging everyone in the frame.

Someone might remark
"buy such expensive camera, still need so much effort to take 1 simple group photo..."
;)
hehehehe just kidding :)

get a small tripod like this and put it on a table.

ps. click pic for source.
pps. if you are using a lens like this, make sure everyone stand very very far away and for you run very very fast to position after started the timer. Result will be great. Gonna get nice bokeh.:bsmilie:

Last edited:
...or get a joby gorillapod. That way, you can fix your camera + lens on a chair, or on the edge of the table, etc. Kind of cool and had no worries that the waiter or waitress cannot handle your DSLR.

Someone might remark
"buy such expensive camera, still need so much effort to take 1 simple group photo..."
hehehehe just kidding

oh you'll be surprised at what i bring to my class gatherings :bsmilie:

get a small tripod like this and put it on a table.

ps. click pic for source.
pps. if you are using a lens like this, make sure everyone stand very very far away and for you run very very fast to position after started the timer. Result will be great. Gonna get nice bokeh.:bsmilie:

HAHA by the time you run back to the group, you'll be wondering where your camera disappeared to :bsmilie:

I was thinking of doing what photoart mention, auto mode
And mayb bring a p&s as will. Hee

I was thinking of doing what photoart mention, auto mode
And mayb bring a p&s as will. Hee

Auto mode might screw up the shot. and if it's supposed to be a joyous event, i think you'd want the pictures to be close to perfection as possible.

benefits of doing the settings yourself:

- Good Exposure
- Correct Color Temperature
- Sharpness
- Focus is on the right places

now. if you leave it to chance on Full Auto:

- White Balance screwed up
- Focus might be on something else; all the people are blurry and OOF
- Grainy images due to high-ISO usage
- many many more...

base ISO, AV mode.. f5.6-8 (based on how big is the group) + flash

It would be useful if you want to be in the picture. But please also consider the space constrain issues.