Hi Everyone,

Rickyloh

Sep 29, 2010
Hello everyone, I am Ricky , newbie with Sony A550. Hope to gain advice, tips, techniques ,,,etc from "old birds' ...:D:D

For a start, i hv been taking Night Fireworks for NDP using manual - "Bulb" mode . Aperture set at f16-f22, speed 2s to 10s. For shots above 5s , shots of Fireworks were grossly "overexposed" .

Can anyone advise the correction for this. ????

Thanks

Welcome to CS.

What was overexposed? the explosions themselves? Perhaps post a photo so we can see what you're trying to describe.

Welcome to CS . . . :)

we need to see your photo before we can comment.

For a start, i hv been taking Night Fireworks for NDP using manual - "Bulb" mode . Aperture set at f16-f22, speed 2s to 10s. For shots above 5s , shots of Fireworks were grossly "overexposed" .

ISO ?

ISO 200,. overexposed at fireworks itself, too brightly lit...not fine strands outburst as expected.
Do not have the photos now.. will try to upload later.. :)

Hi Ricky,

Insert your pinky finger into the USB connector of your computer. Now l insert my finger into mine. Once we have connection, please imagine that picture and I'll download it into my mind ... hehehehe.

Hope your pinky's USB version is 10.0 if not won't work.

Anyway, without picture hard to give you a definite answer but maybe having 3 seconds is enough, without having to go bulb mode. Did you use a black card to time it so that you only capture the fireworks when it explodes and cover it when it is done, and then repeat it for every different fireworks you want to capture? Anyway, rule of physics indicate that the fireworks strand should not be straight but wavy.

Cheers and welcome ... me 'new' bird too!

welcome to CS dude!

welcome, let's learn and share.
:)

Hello everyone, I am Ricky , newbie with Sony A550. Hope to gain advice, tips, techniques ,,,etc from "old birds' ...:D:D

Can anyone advise the correction for this. ????

Thanks

welcome to CS! hmm, over exposed fireworks? weird cuz i never seem to have this problem!

Last edited:
Hi Ricky,

Insert your pinky finger into the USB connector of your computer. Now l insert my finger into mine. Once we have connection, please imagine that picture and I'll download it into my mind ... hehehehe.

Hope your pinky's USB version is 10.0 if not won't work.

Anyway, without picture hard to give you a definite answer but maybe having 3 seconds is enough, without having to go bulb mode. Did you use a black card to time it so that you only capture the fireworks when it explodes and cover it when it is done, and then repeat it for every different fireworks you want to capture? Anyway, rule of physics indicate that the fireworks strand should not be straight but wavy.

Cheers and welcome ... me 'new' bird too!
Good one....
:thumbsup:

ya, TS.... NO PHOTO NO TALK

Hi Rickyloh,

Welcome to CS :)

Welcome:)

Hi and welcome.

if overexposed then faster close the shutter.

ISO 200,. overexposed at fireworks itself, too brightly lit...not fine strands outburst as expected.
Do not have the photos now.. will try to upload later.. :)

2 days already still havent seen ur photo. Are u sincere in asking for advice in the first place?

2 days already still havent seen ur photo. Are u sincere in asking for advice in the first place?
sorry i tried several times to upload the photo but not successful !!. I agree with you "no photo no talk " pls be assure, since is asking for advise..
thanks everyone else for their advice !!!