Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone! I'm new to photography. hope can get some advice from you guys! :)

I was thinking of getting a dslr camera to start but i have no idea which brand and model i should consider. i would probably used it more for taking outdoor taking and skyline probably. Hope you guys can give me some advice. budget probably ard $1k. This coming weekend there is IT show was considering getting it during IT Show :D

out door taking and skyline i assume ur taking under bright sun, i guess most of the DSLR + basic lens will do good coz of the abundant amount of light outdoor with ur budget u can get nikon D3000, D5000, maybe even D3100 or canon 1000D, 500D or pentax K200(i saw alan photo selling this for S$600 with kit lens if my memory serves me right), k-x or samsung NX10 or sony A290, A330, A350, A550 or lumix G1, GF1 or olympus EP1, E450, E520

i think that's the model under 1000 with kit lens that u can get brand new, happy googling :D

Last edited:
Welcome and hi!

Welcome and try to ward off the BBB virus as much and as long as possible :D

no la, very hard one la.. newbie see other ppl using big lens, nice red line around the lens then "wah~!"

LOL...

very fast will ask which lens should i upgrade to?

hahha.. hmm.. i wun use it if very windy and if I'm planning to put an shoot through umbrella or reflector umbrella. But then again.. if got spare cash yes its still advisable to buy a light stand instead. It at least guarantee the weight and your flash and other stuff.. :angel:

Even in such conditions, a proper light stand will also topple.... Done that before and we had to weigh it down with a heavy bag in the end to be safe.

out door taking and skyline i assume ur taking under bright sun, i guess most of the DSLR + basic lens will do good coz of the abundant amount of light outdoor with ur budget u can get nikon D3000, D5000, maybe even D3100 or canon 1000D, 500D or pentax K200(i saw alan photo selling this for S$600 with kit lens if my memory serves me right), k-x or samsung NX10 or sony A290, A330, A350, A550 or lumix G1, GF1 or olympus EP1, E450, E520

i think that's the model under 1000 with kit lens that u can get brand new, happy googling :D

thanks! i was thinking of what model to get. at least now i can narrow down my choices! :)

thanks! i was thinking of what model to get. at least now i can narrow down my choices! :)

the best way to narrow ur choices is to go to a shop that is not crowded... spend 2-3 hours trying and comparing cameras.. the picture, the user friendlyness.. the size, the weight (important lor~! too heavy you sure you will bring ur DSLR out to take photos?)

i know alot of people who don't use, cos they say aiya too bulky le... then in the first place buy for what! waste $ :sweat::sweat:

the best way to narrow ur choices is to go to a shop that is not crowded... spend 2-3 hours trying and comparing cameras.. the picture, the user friendlyness.. the size, the weight (important lor~! too heavy you sure you will bring ur DSLR out to take photos?)

i know alot of people who don't use, cos they say aiya too bulky le... then in the first place buy for what! waste $ :sweat::sweat:

haha yea! thats what i think also. alot of ppl buy and never use. :D