Hi Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianong

Aug 23, 2009
Singapore
Hi Everyone,

I've just joined ClubSnap and am quite green to photography--got my first dSLR (K100D+kit lens) around mid April this year. Have been experimenting with my new toy ever since and it has given me great joy and a sense of achievement as I began to get the hang of shooting in M and Av modes. Will upload a handful of my better snapshots when I get home. :D

Heard from a friend that Pentaxian is a closely knitted community and I look forward to learn from you guys along the way.

Key interests include landscape, night shots, macro and portrait.

Been trying to find a 50mm prime for a while but to no avail, anyone knows where I can get one for a reasonable price [<$400 thereabout] (2nd hand's good too :D)?

Cheers,
Ian

welcome.....

Welcome! I saw FA50/1.4 at Cathay Photo @ Peninsula a couple of weeks ago, quoted for $399. Maybe you can check it out there :) Good luck.

Oh btw, my nick is my name. Or you can call me Frank ;)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I've just joined ClubSnap and am quite green to photography--got my first dSLR (K100D+kit lens) around mid April this year. Have been experimenting with my new toy ever since and it has given me great joy and a sense of achievement as I began to get the hang of shooting in M and Av modes. Will upload a handful of my better snapshots when I get home. :D

Heard from a friend that Pentaxian is a closely knitted community and I look forward to learn from you guys along the way.

Key interests include landscape, night shots, macro and portrait.

Been trying to find a 50mm prime for a while but to no avail, anyone knows where I can get one for a reasonable price [<$400 thereabout] (2nd hand's good too :D)?

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian

Welcome! And a 50 mm prime for less than $400 is definitely not a problem. Even new, I think you can get a FA 50 mm f1.4 for less that price. Try Orient Photo at Sim Lim Square, MS Colour in AMK. Of course, you can also source for a whole series of K, M, A series of 50mm that would be compatible with your DSLR, all of which will be below that price. ;)

hi there! i am seefei and my number is 148 in the owner list. welcome to this happy family.

Welcome to the Pentax users club. Your friend is absolutely correct. If you ever join our outings, you can see for yourself to believe. :)

Welcome! If you look hard enough, definitely you can find a 50mm in the shops. You can also post at our Buy & Sell forum.:)

I had k100d for about 3-years, though I am now with K20D only, it had given me great joy too... welcome! I got to tell U, some of the best pictures I ever had was still from my K100D.

welcome to the rebellion! :)
the 50mm f/1.4 is a good lens although its prices have appreciated somewhat due to the stronger yen. Monitor the buy-sell section as they occasionally appear there. ;)

Warm welcome to the Pentaxian community. Do join us at our next monthly meeting ok?
Not to worry, every mth there are newcomers. ;) and they enjoy the outings too!

Welcome ianong,don't worry when you are in red "you never walk alone"..:devil:

Welcome ianong,don't worry when you are in red "you never walk alone"..:devil:

Nod nod.. Welcome ianong! You'll Never Walk Alone :bsmilie:

welcome! i started off with a K100D kit in april last year, and not long after around last aug i bought a FA50. similar timeline but a year earlier.. body prices have come down but lens prices have gone up. :(

Last edited:
Hi I'm creampuff, and welcome to Pentaxland...we don't fuss over gear much but strive to "Be Interesting"

I am scorpioh. Hello. <: See my sig:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :D Must agree that my friend's right. I certainly look forward to joining the next outing if possible.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.