hi everyone :-}

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit

Nov 15, 2002
Visit site
hi,

i've jus recently picked up this hobby. so, hope u guys can help me in my queries coz i m a complete rookie. i started to be amazed by photography coz i've been assigned to shoot in a couple of events in my company. well, since i only own a point-n-shoot cam, theres not much dat i can do. but i was surprised when some of my colleagues told me that i've got some good shots ( i think "taiko" shot lah). well i must say dat i have a long long way to go judging by the photos that i've seen in this forum. u guys r pro, man.

actually, i m currently doing my own research through the library n internet abt photography. i've not decided on a system yet. fortunately, my aunt volunteered her nikon fm-10 for me to try. so i m going for some shots tomorrow at abt 5 pm.

by the way, any system dat maybe u guys can recommend ? as well any specific retailers that i can patronize ? why i ask this coz the other day , i drop by sim lim sq, wah lao when i abt to enter some of the shops, i was quite scared by the salespersons there.
ultimately, i wish to go for sports n nature photography n maybe my budget of abt $600 - $800. wats ur guys opinion , if instead i use the fm-10 n maybe add new lens n other accessories?

thnx in advance!

Welcome to Clubsnap!!

Well... are you looking for a Auto/Manual SLR or a Digital camera.. take your time to experiment and test things out to see what suits you..

Usually, if you are looking out for camera stuff/equipment like lens, body, filters and sucha sucha, you can go down to

PENINSULAR PLAZA (near City hall MRT & Funan CTR) and go immerse yourself in camera eurora in Cathay Photos/ Allan Photos/ Fotoguide/ The Camera Workshop

Funan Centre - John 3:16

If you are planning for sports and nature photography, suggest you may want to try to get a auto/ manual SLR like the Nikon F80 or F90 or even the F100...

Stick around the forum and see what the pros and all have to say here... learnt a lot since joined.. ^.^ :eek:

Hello,
welcome to clubsnap.

For english, press 1,
Huan yin ning shi yong "clubsnap" wang zhan. hua wen, qing an er.
3 I dunno liao. :bsmilie:

Edit: Wrong pinyin.

welcome to this big family.

do join our outing. check out the event forum :)

Originally posted by spirit
hi,

my aunt volunteered her nikon fm-10 for me to try.

ultimately, i wish to go for sports n nature photography n maybe my budget of abt $600 - $800. wats ur guys opinion , if instead i use the fm-10 n maybe add new lens n other accessories?

thnx in advance!

Hi! welcome! It's great that a kind relative has given you a leg-up with the FM10. I started on photography myself at 11 when my uncle handed me his Nikon FE. I'm sure that you'll find many happy hours with the FM10. :D

Go buy/borrow a few books to read more about photography in general first, then get some more books for nature/sports which you want to go into. Reading, applying the principles in real life shooting and not being afraid of making and learning from mistakes are perhaps the best investments that we could all do, much better than going and simply getting the most expensive equipment.

andrew

oh btw, i'm going to the zoo tomorrow, sunday 17/11 to take some pictures early in the morning around 8.30-ish. You're most welcome to come and shoot too! The zoo would be a good way to start in nature photography although it's a built-up environment.

andrew

WELCOME
SELAMAT DATANG
VANAKKAM
@#%&*%#( its actually welcome in chinese):p

hehe me too, newbie!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.