hi dear friends, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

izerkudie

Jan 1, 2010
i'm actually interested in buying a dslr camera for interest and hobby in photography and not sure which camera set should i invest in? i hope seniors and pro here can advice me on that.. my budget is around 600-800$ , should i buy a new set or a second hand one?

thanks ! happy new year everyone :):bsmilie:

Hello...welcome.

There are pros and cons in each of the options so you have to weigh them yourself. We can't make the decision for you cos it's your money and you are the one using the cam.

With a budget of $800, you could either get a brand new entry level cam or an older 2nd hand cam. You may want to get a bridge cam first if you don't really need a DSLR. A small compact cam can also take good pictures in the hands of a master.

thanks for the advice bro, i actually have a older compact cam..was wondering if i should invest in brand new one, or 2nd hand slr, cause currently i'm stuck between canon/nikon/sony...... sorry cause i'm still new in such things.. hehe :)

Why do you want a new cam? Is the old cam failing? Is there something limiting you from the pictures you want to take?

nope its not, passion and interest to take up dslr, therefore here to have better knowledge of it, hehe :D

at that budget maybe look at a 2nd hand nikon D5000/D3000 or 2nd hand canon 450D/500D. there isn't much brand new below $1000 unless you want to look at sony's.

ok brother, thanks for advice. just to ask if they are user friendly for first time user for dslr? :) and in ur opinion should i go for nikon or canon? because so far i think nikon and canon have the best features

Welcome to CS :) If you are really interested in photography, do look around 1st & check out the different models available that suit your budget. Buy when you are ready ;)

ok brother, thanks for advice. just to ask if they are user friendly for first time user for dslr? :) and in ur opinion should i go for nikon or canon? because so far i think nikon and canon have the best features

wouldnt say that with galdor, rashkae and the sony gang around... ;) hahah

each brand has its own nifty features, any good camera shop will let you try out stuff before you buy... head down and have a play. see which one fits you best and get it.

Well, there's always the Pentax K-x for ~$950!
At this price point, its feature set actually beats most of its competitors, only thing standing in its way is that Pentax ain't that popular in SG.
For $1k, either brand will give you good results, but surely everybody wants to get the most of out their money, right? ;)

Regards,
gibss.

yes true..i'm actually looking at D60 and 450D, 500D..stuck between >_<

yes true..i'm actually looking at D60 and 450D, 500D..stuck between >_<

$800 should be able to land you in a 2nd hand 450D and leftovers for accessories. You might need flash, tripod, filters, bags, etc... So be prepared and welcome to the club :)

thanks fellow bros for the welcome :) yes, 450D 500D and D60. hmm.. still stucked . had some good offers.

Hi. You did say you are stuck between nikon/canon/sony right? I will also list some of the sony alphas for you.

For now, the entry level alphas are A230/A330/A380. The A230's list price is like $699 only. and the A330's list price is like $899 only. So you can consider these two too. And I dare to say that the user interface is very easy to use, easy enough for someone who is a newbie. I can't compare it with the D5000/D3000 or etc because I haven't tried them. But you have to try the entry level alphas yourself because the grip is not the same as the other common DSLRs.

And for the 500D, if you don't need the video function, the 450D is enough, imo.

Don't be so brand-conscious lah.... it's not like people could tell which brand you're using... :bsmilie:

no need to scold him lah, he's just particular to those brands.

For me, what's important is the IQ quality of the cam and not the functions you'll seldom use. For me, It's pentax on straight from the cam IQ, no need to PP as I am very lazy. ;)

If you wanna go for one of the big two, i'd go for a d40x instead of d3000, and a 450d instead of a 500d. it's worth it cuz then you can spend more on lenses, which are far far far more important

thanks for the advise dear friends, getting a 450D next week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.