Hi Comments pls Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence T

Aug 26, 2006
Central Region
I m a newbie here. buy my D80 camera in a rush without what i know what i want. I try to learn as much as i can and as much photos i can take. It may not match those professionals or experts here. But please tell me your coments so that i can take note of it. Read tru and try to make myself understand the comments, As i don;t really know photography well yet. Just a beginner. Thanks very much. :)
dsc_0350.JPG
Chinese Temple at Chinatown

dsc_0341.JPG
Very Hungry, wanting to eat

dsc_0214.JPG
Isn't she pretty ?

dsc_0277.JPG
Singapore 42th Birthday

dsc_0185.JPG
Funan Centre

dsc_0261.JPG
Financial Centre (Day time)

dsc_0274.JPG
National Day Parade 07

dsc_0280.JPG
Protecting Singapore

dsc_0212.JPG
Fairfield Methodist Church

exposure wise, the pictures seem to be ok. but it soon becomes apparent as i view your pictures i feel that you shot your subjects simply for the sake of shooting them. it's ok, as you learn, try to isolate your subjects so that your images will not be cluttered with unnecessary information. i understand it might not be doable all the time, so it takes time. learn from reading up on compositions and lighting, and by looking at how clubsnappers might have shot the same event such as the NDP like u, u might learn a few things about composition! keep shooting.

exposure wise, the pictures seem to be ok. but it soon becomes apparent as i view your pictures i feel that you shot your subjects simply for the sake of shooting them. it's ok, as you learn, try to isolate your subjects so that your images will not be cluttered with unnecessary information. i understand it might not be doable all the time, so it takes time. learn from reading up on compositions and lighting, and by looking at how clubsnappers might have shot the same event such as the NDP like u, u might learn a few things about composition! keep shooting.

Ok point taken 1) isolate subjects from unnecessary information.

Some of your pictures are either cropped from the side or from the top, eg the financial centre and the merlion part 1. Found that rather distracting. The lighting at the top of the last frame seems a little overexposed. Otherwise most of your pictures lacks focus. Well but then, I have difficulties in this aspect as well.
You seem to be focusing on cityscapes and night cityscapes. Perhaps you can look at how others has done it. Or pick up some books on cityscapes. May give you a better idea.

Exposure is fine, in most cases, either just nice or just a little off, no problem still can be saved since highlights not too blown, etc.

Composition needs work, and there are perpetually tilts in every photo with buildings/structures, they are glaringly obvious, especially with such subjects. Make sure that your horizon is straight, and try to take a less side-on perspective unless the building/structure looks better that way.

singapore 42 nd birthday:
avoiding building on bottom left corner wud be good and also lamp posts. seem to clutter.

financial center: vertical composition might help better. u will have to look bit at frame while composing though. vertical provided u r taking the buildings as subject

night view of cbd seems nice. might look better if u move photo more to right. try that too.

merlion pt 1: seems like too many subjects.

merlin pt2: vertical composition wud be better. also takin photo from front of statue would look better

experiment with both vertical and horizontal compositions

Status
Not open for further replies.