hi bro please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrii88tay

Nov 2, 2008
Yishun, Singapore, Singapore
hi bros i had a big problem here... i got lots of photo in my lightroom2 and had my sd card photo deleted but photo still show in LR2 but stated file missing...how am i going to retrive it?:cry:

hi bros i had a big problem here... i got lots of photo in my lightroom2 and had my sd card photo deleted but photo still show in LR2 but stated file missing...how am i going to retrive it?:cry:

hmm what happens when u erase/quick format ur card, is that the header files that link to ur actual pixel data is deleted, that means ur actualy pixel data is still intact on ur memory card (unless it's been overwritten by some other data that you saved, and if u didn't do a full format).

I heard of some shops that can recover this data for you, but think they're quite pricey. btw I don't know any of this shops personally, but just to let you know of this option.

did u export from the SD to hard drive??
or u read from SD?

unless u export to hard drive and u del them off
then it will show missing right?

Sandisk and Lexar has some recovery tools. Probably u can try tat. :)

What you see in LR is just the jpg thumbnails. When LR imports your files from your media, the default settings is to copy the files to your HDD. So you should have a copy of the photos in your HDD and in your SD card.

First thing to check is did you copy the files into an external HDD and you forgot to turn it on?

Move your cursor to the folder in LR and it should tell you the path to the photos. Did you move the folders to somewhere else? If so, you can just link the folders in LR back to the new folder locations. Do a search in windows looking for *.CR2 for e.g

If the photos is really gone and SD card has been formatted, there still is a high chance of getting the photos back by using some recovery software. This is provided that no overwritting is done. Try this freeware : http://www.download.com/Data-Recovery/3000-2094_4-10664893.html Good Luck!

if your file handling is "Copy photos to a new location and add to catalog" when you import photos, chances is that your data might be in your harddisk. :dunno:

hmm... if lightroom copied the images, it would have taken the reference from the new location rather than showing the 'missing' notification, no?

>TS - you mean u actually loaded the contents of your SD card DIRECTLY into lightroom without copying them first into the computer?
chances are that the changes you did to the images in lightroom would have been lost even if you can recover the images using software.
best solution for you is to try to recover the images using recovery software, copy them into the comp, then load them into lightroom again from your comp and not the SD card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.