Hi any teacher here? can u use the LDS to buy lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweakmax

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site
As above. Any teacher here have successfully claimed their expenses for their lenses thru Pac@Gov for the Learning Development Scheme (grow package)?

Pls reply as I want to buy new lenses soon.

As above. Any teacher here have successfully claimed their expenses for their lenses thru Pac@Gov for the Learning Development Scheme (grow package)?

Pls reply as I want to buy new lenses soon.

Wah... like that oso can ahh? I'd like to know too ;)

Can. Say it's to be used to cover school events, excursions, macro photography for Science lessons, etc. blah blah blah. Totally legit.

And I think it's perfectly fair for teachers to get such incentives because nowadays being one isn't easy, so they really earn their keep. There's no need to envy, anyone is welcome to join the service. MOE is constantly looking for people.

Can. Say it's to be used to cover school events, excursions, macro photography for Science lessons, etc. blah blah blah. Totally legit.

And I think it's perfectly fair for teachers to get such incentives because nowadays being one isn't easy, so they really earn their keep. There's no need to envy, anyone is welcome to join the service. MOE is constantly looking for people.

so u used already har ur 400?

wah!!! i duno teachers got such welfare benefits...

wah!!! i duno teachers got such welfare benefits...

What to do?

Nowadays, resignation rate very high. Haven't you noticed that everytime also got the "Be A Teacher" seminar, and every year NIE got so many trainees and yet, there's still a shortage of teachers? These days, is not students afraid of teachers. It's the other way around. Cannot touch the kids (literally), cos if you do, and the kid complains, major backside tear. Nobody will back you up on this, no matter how wrong the kid is. Then there are the parents you have to deal with, some are downright nasty. Last time, teachers can go home at 1.30pm sharp. These days, sometimes during the hols, the teachers actually clock in longer hours than they do during term time! And oh yah, office politics is also very alive and well.

So to stem the tide of (especially good) teachers resigning, there has been many incentives. Yes, frankly they are attractive, every year give you between $400-$700 to buy tech gear for personal use. But at the end of the day, it's the nature of the work that is the real issue to some.

Fully agree that teachers well deserve such incentives. They slot to follow schedules and some even give parents their hp numbers as a convenience for abuse.

If there is a chance to voice out, I would like to tell MOE to pace the teachers in order to pace the students. The great syllabus rush has no meaning.

Cheers!

no wonder my teachers all gadgets so advanced...any it's hard 2 be teacher in singapore... i used 2 be very rude & defiant those days...so i understand... :embrass:

My sister is a school teacher. She used LDS to buy herself a top-of-line Sony laptop.

She is playing Maple Story with it.

My sister is a school teacher. She used LDS to buy herself a top-of-line Sony laptop.

She is playing Maple Story with it.

u trying to emphasize that the money is well spent?

guess u aren't convincing enuff... :bsmilie:

probably in school student slash teacher, at night teacher roam the net to slash students...

or vice versa...

so this is where my tax money goes to ... ...
Hmm.... U mean TEACHERS DON'T PAY TAXES? :think:

U know? Whenever ppl say words like this, it makes me wonder if teachers, politicians, policemen, soldiers, civil servants in general, etc dun pay taxes at all, or that person saying that probably paid a million bucks hard currency in direct taxes every year on top of indirect taxes... :think:

The best part abt it? Ppl are saying, "So [insert Civil Service Profession] is doing so-and-so, that's what I paid taxes for."

U pay tax? I guess u do.
I pay tax? Hell bet I do.
Everyone does.

So technically speaking, are Civil Servants actually putting out money to secure a job when it is the reverse? :think:

Anyway, I guess the best part abt what most ppl think is that Civil Service's like a stereotypical cushy job when they dun actually see the shit at the bottom of the sewer.

I think the benefit is OK as we got naughty students nowaday ... some even punch bus driver. Need some incentives to attract good teachers to control those naughty boyz

The best part abt it? Ppl are saying, "So [insert Civil Service Profession] is doing so-and-so, that's what I paid taxes for."

U pay tax? I guess u do.
I pay tax? Hell bet I do.
Everyone does.

So technically speaking, are Civil Servants actually putting out money to secure a job when it is the reverse? :think:

Anyway, I guess the best part abt what most ppl think is that Civil Service's like a stereotypical cushy job when they dun actually see the shit at the bottom of the sewer.
you are a civil servant? :bsmilie:

Hmm.... U mean TEACHERS DON'T PAY TAXES? :think:

U know? Whenever ppl say words like this, it makes me wonder if teachers, politicians, policemen, soldiers, civil servants in general, etc dun pay taxes at all, or that person saying that probably paid a million bucks hard currency in direct taxes every year on top of indirect taxes... :think:

did i say they do not pay tax?
I only said that that is where MY tax money goes to... :think:

anyway this is kopitiam, so lighten up ;)

Gentlemen, I believe the TS asked an honest question and was looking for an answer and not some banal comment which I believe isn't appreciated.

May i suggest we stay on topic please?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.