Hi, any idea how to create such product shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadus said:
Put a black cloth dear :p

Just so simple?
Then if i flash, won't the black cloth become a little grayish?

Curb the stray lighting falling on places you don't want them to be... with a normal hotshoe flash what you can do is to create a makeshift "snoot" or cone to make the light more directional.

or u can always PS :D

Shoot with contrasting colours to make masking in PS easy.

igpenguin said:
Curb the stray lighting falling on places you don't want them to be... with a normal hotshoe flash what you can do is to create a makeshift "snoot" or cone to make the light more directional.

Sorry but can you elaborate further? especially the 'curb the stray lighting'

HelmetBox said:
or u can always PS :D

Shoot with contrasting colours to make masking in PS easy.

This's a very good idea, but i'd also would like to know how to do it if i'm using film/slide.

Basically be a control freak... when you use your hotshoe flash unmodifed the light is still going to places you don't want them to be eg the background. So you can try to control the light and where it falls by adding modifiers and experimenting with positioning of the flash.

Check out the pbase picture and from the white reflections you can guess where the photographer placed the lights.

behyx said:
This's a very good idea, but i'd also would like to know how to do it if i'm using film/slide.

slide scanner, then PS :bsmilie:

heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

:blah:

1. use black velvet which absorbs light, for black background, and

2. set up background much farther back from your product being shot, use inverse square law to work for you.

These will ensure that the background will remain black.

Status
Not open for further replies.