Hi, and qn re: firmware flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

maja06

Jan 29, 2009
Punggol!
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

First post, and relative newbie to SLR photography. Hope everyone's had a good long weekend. :)

I was mucking around with my a200 and discovered that the firmware is ver. 1.0. I googled around, and found out that 1.04 is apparently available (though not for download). Could I take my camera to the Sony service centre and ask for a firmware upgrade? And uh, does it even matter at all?

Thanks much in advance.

Hi welcome to CS ;)
as for your firmware i suggest you check the sony webside first you might save a trip before go there Cheer.

Most of the time.... the firmware will be out in Sony's Website.... how to upgrade ?? Just follows the website instruction.... :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

First post, and relative newbie to SLR photography. Hope everyone's had a good long weekend. :)

I was mucking around with my a200 and discovered that the firmware is ver. 1.0. I googled around, and found out that 1.04 is apparently available (though not for download). Could I take my camera to the Sony service centre and ask for a firmware upgrade? And uh, does it even matter at all?

Thanks much in advance.

firmware enhancements can certainly improve image quality.

However, please be aware that the 1.04 is for the A100, NOT the A200. If you check the Sony support site, you'll see that there is currently no firmware update for the A200.

firmware enhancements can certainly improve image quality.

However, please be aware that the 1.04 is for the A100, NOT the A200. If you check the Sony support site, you'll see that there is currently no firmware update for the A200.

Oh! Guess I gotta improve on my Google skills. ;p But thanks for the heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.