Hi all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAROLYN

Jun 23, 2009
CENTRAL
Hello all..
I am new in ClubSNAP.Do guide me along,thanks.

I would like to know more abt travel photography.I travel most of the time.
So,if anyone knows abt skyscrappers or landscape in Australia,do let me know.
Also,is Nikon D80 suitable for all weathers?

Thanks..Do advice me.

CAROLYN :)

1. If you do any research, you will see the D80, as with all cameras, will be ok for light drizzle, but it is NOT weatherproof.
2. ClubSnap has a "Travel" section for a reason.
3. The best way is to guide yourself along, by reading the big, bright stickies at the top of the Newbies corner.

Alright..

Thanks..

I did my research.But,there was not much info given..

Thanks anyway.

Hello all..

Thanks..Do advice me.

Hello Carolyn...welcome.

Maybe you would like to tell us what about travel photography that you are looking for. Perhaps some books from the library or bookstores may help too.

I'm not sure about the Nikon D80 but my Sony A700 has braved thru some rain, sun and dust with me. :)

Hi again..

I am looking for excellent pics to take on my trip.Such as the landscapes and etc.
I got a book on Practical Photography by John Freeman and read it up.
However,it was not very clearly detailed and i do not know much of the features mentioned.

Maybe you could help me out?I just found out tat Nikon D80 was more for fair-weather.I have oni been using since last dec.

Thanks

Hi again..

I am looking for excellent pics to take on my trip.Such as the landscapes and etc.
I got a book on Practical Photography by John Freeman and read it up.
However,it was not very clearly detailed and i do not know much of the features mentioned.

Maybe you could help me out?I just found out tat Nikon D80 was more for fair-weather.I have oni been using since last dec.

Thanks

Most books will only give you an idea of what you can achieve, you have to depend on yourself to 'see' things creatively.

Going on an outing with a group of friends you will see different results at the end of the day too cos everyone sees things differently. So you have to really look at the composition and lightings when you are there.

i think dslrs are not meant to be put out there with the elements... also consider getting a wideangle lens if you dont have one...

Hello all..

Thanks..Do advice me.

Only certain camera models are water-proof... and they aren't exactly cheap.

If you intend to use them in light drizzles, etc, the semi-pro models like D200 onwards would be a better choice with the better built and weather-proofing.

Else consider getting a weather poncho for the camera. :)

Welcome to CS!!! :cool:

Welcome to CS! :)

Happy shooting and do post some of your pics....

i think dslrs are not meant to be put out there with the elements... also consider getting a wideangle lens if you dont have one...

Erm. You are so extremely dead wrong. Most DSLRs are designed far more robustly than your average point and shoot.

Most books will only give you an idea of what you can achieve, you have to depend on yourself to 'see' things creatively.

Going on an outing with a group of friends you will see different results at the end of the day too cos everyone sees things differently. So you have to really look at the composition and lighting when you are there.

Galdor is right about the 'on-site' condition might be different from what you might learn or see from books, etc.

I am also a newbie, and guess working on composition then lighting (natural or low light, etc) will be best for now. Till you have accomplish learning these then move on to the next; otherwise you will feel disappointed and frustrated if you can't achieve the intended results that you have in mind.

Hope this will help.

Btw, Carolyn...welcome to the beauty world of photography...throw some of your shots here and we shall share and learn from one another.;)

Thanks for the advice,Ettk75.

Maybe you are all more experienced tat why..I need time to learn and pick up the ropes.
When i am better at it,will let you know
Till then,thanks :)

Hi Carolyn, welcome to CS !

Thanks for the advice,Ettk75.

Maybe you are all more experienced tat why..I need time to learn and pick up the ropes.
When i am better at it,will let you know
Till then,thanks :)

Haha, I am not that experienced. I started out since Nov last year only.

Just have to read up more and practice. Also not forget to ask the experienced from here, they are willing to help if they can clear your doubts.

This is what I do all this while. Well I am still learning as well.

I am currently joining some beginners to go shooting whenever can be possible. Probably you might want to join us. Just pm me, if you are comfortable with it. Cheers.;)

Maybe i could join you all after i finsh my national exams..
Hope you all don mind?haha..

Looking forward to having a nice experience with photography with you all..

Thanks..I just borrowed some books and is reading up on them :)

Maybe i could join you all after i finsh my national exams..
Hope you all don mind?haha..

Looking forward to having a nice experience with photography with you all..

Thanks..I just borrowed some books and is reading up on them :)

Enjoy shooting is the keyword of all :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.