Hi All

Status
Not open for further replies.

killingb

Aug 18, 2007
Hi everyone,

I've started photography nt too long ago. Just recently gt for myself a Nikon FM frm a fellow CSer. Hoping to get all the basics correct. There's just so many things to learn.

Hope to get to attend the outings and gathering with fellow CSers!

Cheers~

Hi, welcome to CS ! :)

Welcome to ClubSnap, hope you enjoy your stay and learn something from here.

FM is a nice camera, simple and robust, used to own two FM and one FM2 many many years ago.

Whats the reason you chose a fm instead of dslr?

Hi killingb,

welcome to CS

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I do have a D300 and I love it. But I feel like i've been relying on its capabilities far too much. Also, nothing beats the feel of a FM.

Last edited:
U r always welcome to the CS big family... ;)

Welcome to CS!

I do have a D300 and I love it. But I feel like i've been relying on its capabilities far too much. Also, nothing beats the feel of a FM.
you can shoot with your D300 on manual exposure mode, using center weighted metering mode, manual focusing, change to spit image focusing screen if you want to, don't rely on LCD preview for composition, WB, and exposure checking. use custom or preset WB, shoot on jpg only, no post production of digital image.

is as good as shooting on a fully manual film camera.

Welcome to CS! :cool:

Hi ,... Welcome to CS :)

Yeah. I've thought of that before and I've actually tried to do it during on of the photoshoots. I managed to take 3 photos before gg to back to reviewing the pics using LCD. Haha.

Also, I would like to learn to develop my own photos in dark room.

Hi, I also about to get a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.