Hi All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipha

Oct 17, 2006
Hi, just joined this forum and looking forward for all guidance. My wife had just got a canon 350 with standard lens 18-55 and a 90-300mm lens.

I try to take some picture of my fishes but always unable to capture good shots cause i know nothing about the mode i should use.

Kind brother and soul out there, please advise me on that accordingly.

Many thanks in advance and feel free to drop me a PM.

Hi, just joined this forum and looking forward for all guidance. My wife had just got a canon 350 with standard lens 18-55 and a 90-300mm lens.

I try to take some picture of my fishes but always unable to capture good shots cause i know nothing about the mode i should use.

Kind brother and soul out there, please advise me on that accordingly.

Many thanks in advance and feel free to drop me a PM.

Welcome to Clubsnap.

With fish photography, you'd need a very clean piece of glass (the fish tank) and also loads of lights. You may need to hook up more than 2 flashes to get a good shot to freeze the fish's motion (esp if they are fast movers like tetras, etc)

Do read up more on this subject and also learn more on the usage of 2 or more flashes used in tandem. I'm not able to advise on the Canon as I am a Nikon user. :)

Cheers,

Thanks for the replies, anyone can help? Thanks.

hi, is this what you're talking about?
http://www.antacid.os3.sg/antacid_albums/Aquarium-album/

i did this with a 300D, 50mm f1.8 and a 550EX flash bounced off the ceiling

This was in Av mode, f1.8 ~ f2.2. The aquarium lights were on full blast as well.

I know they're not very sharp but this was when I first started out. I think the tank glass affects the image quality as well.

Good luck!

hi, is this what you're talking about?
http://www.antacid.os3.sg/antacid_albums/Aquarium-album/

i did this with a 300D, 50mm f1.8 and a 550EX flash bounced off the ceiling

This was in Av mode, f1.8 ~ f2.2. The aquarium lights were on full blast as well.

I know they're not very sharp but this was when I first started out. I think the tank glass affects the image quality as well.

Good luck!

Very nice pic for me. Do we really need to use flash to take such pic? If yes, what kind of flash and how much will it roughly cost? I am using a 350D. Please pardon my ignorance on that as i am a newbie in camera. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.