Hi All

Status
Not open for further replies.

toh_u

Jan 24, 2006
Choa Chu Kang Central
Hi Pple...

Am new in here and just wanna to say hi to all.... Hope to learn from many expects here. Hee... :cool: Will be frequent to this site as am always very keen in photography. Need to go... will be back soon... may be tonight. Hee...:bigeyes:

J.Weyne T

Thanks...

Are you on the west? I'm in the west. Bt Panjang.... Any one in Bt Panjang???

thanks...

Saw the list... getting longer... feel abit not qualify :dunno: no digital camera. :sweat:

But I want a DSLR!!!??? so easy, so fast, so fun... even my 4 year old daughter likes it!!!

toh_u said:
But I want a DSLR!!!??? so easy, so fast, so fun... even my 4 year old daughter likes it!!!

So easy, so fast and so fun? hehehe

Brudder...you sure you have been reading all the right articles and thread here????? IF you say that regarding a simple point and shoot camera I might be willing to believe so. But with a DSLR...you got to be prepare to spent a number of month learning not just how your camera works but the basic of photography. It is alot of FUN if you are willing to learn it. It is FAST if you know how to work the various functions of the camera by hard. And only EASY if you have spend the time to read, do alot of test shots and take notes...for more then 6 months at least.

A 4 year old likes anything that is shiny and new placed infront of them. heheh.. Please don;t use your daughter as the excuse to buy a DSLR hor heheheh....

The DSLR is not the "start and end all" and "will do all automatically for you" camera. Do read about all the problems threads and remarks here from alot of "over-impressed" newbies (suckers of advertisement and marketing talk) who jump in and bought a DSLR and are crying now trying to use it or trying hard to sell it away when it finally dawn on them how much more complicated, expensive and prepared you need to be to really use it to the best of its ability and YOURS.

But welcome all the same to Clubsnap.Org. :)

toh_u said:
But I want a DSLR!!!??? so easy, so fast, so fun...
If you are going to jump into the DSLR bandwagon, be prepared to $pend, $pend and $pend. Not fun at all if you are a breadwinner on budget.

toh_u said:
Hi Pple...

Am new in here and just wanna to say hi to all.... Hope to learn from many expects here. Hee... :cool: Will be frequent to this site as am always very keen in photography. Need to go... will be back soon... may be tonight. Hee...:bigeyes:

J.Weyne T
Welcome.
*whispers* word of precaution "dont feed the trolls" :sticktong(tongue in cheek)

photobum said:
If you are going to jump into the DSLR bandwagon, be prepared to $pend, $pend and $pend. Not fun at all if you are a breadwinner on budget.

you read my mind i was just about to post something like that. ;)

Gee..I have never been labelled a "troll" before hehe...But if helping him to take a step back and make the right choice especially so early in the game (where he has not bought one yet) ...that they don't make the wrong decision and save them the headache and financial mis-investment if his idealogy about DSLRs is misplaced and lack the full knowledge of the Pros and Cons of oqning a DSLRs as oppose to a simple P&S or advance P&S camera...then I guess I am proub to be THAT TROLL. :p

photobum said:

especially spend on the lens the lens and lens.. and other accessories... welcome to CS

Hee.... :cool: may not have one yet but in God's grace have tried 4 different types of DSLR... Pentax isd, Nikon d70, canon 350d and 20d... I can't say that I'm new to photography and definitely not an expert but to handle a DSLR is kinda easy task for me... Was in photography for abt 5 years in commecial (then using phase one digital back in medium format, first few photographer here in Singapore using digital) and even wedding before coming into teaching... Mainly bcos the market here is small and my family needed my time more than my career... :D family man here :embrass: did not go into digital bcos film is still better and am waiting for full frame DSLR to drop further... no offence but just money not enough so have to wait...

toh_u said:
Hee.... :cool: may not have one yet but in God's grace have tried 4 different types of DSLR... Pentax isd, Nikon d70, canon 350d and 20d... I can't say that I'm new to photography and definitely not an expert but to handle a DSLR is kinda easy task for me... Was in photography for abt 5 years in commecial (then using phase one digital back in medium format, first few photographer here in Singapore using digital) and even wedding before coming into teaching... Mainly bcos the market here is small and my family needed my time more than my career... :D family man here :embrass: did not go into digital bcos film is still better and am waiting for full frame DSLR to drop further... no offence but just money not enough so have to wait...
Hi :) welcome! You are most welcomed to join us BP clubsnappers for kopi sessions.
dun worry, we dun need any dslr/slr or whtsoever to be eligible for kopi. wht matters is your interest is there.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=165921&page=20

Another thing, get urself vaccinated!!! Theres a prevalent virus around.:eek:

toh_u said:

Well that's greatl...finally a clearer picture. In deed life is about choices and there is always a time for everything. You have more then your share of dabbling with the camera as I read and well I hope we all don't have to wait too long for a full frame DSLR to materialise too. If that is what you are waiting for and your present priority is gear toward your family...nothing to paisey about it. That's the way it should be where family is concern. More power to you man. Mean time nothing wrong to keep in touch with other photographing hobbists in CS to keep in the know till your dream DSLR comes along when the time is right and fund's permiting heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.