Hi all.. new here and new to DSLR..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinleo

Jul 29, 2009
Hello all..

i wish to buy a DSLR, but of cos a 2nd hand for the first time and affordable price..

any recommendation ?

i have a great passion taking picture everywhere i go ! ;)

I recommend you try a search or even look in the first 1-2 pages of the newbies section, as someone with your exact same question asks the same question every single day.

Hi,

Welcome to CS !!! :D

Regarding on 2nd hand dslr, not sure abt the other brands. But i would suggest the D40. :)

You can check the marketplace BnS section.

welcome to the club

if you are feeling high on budget, get the new Nikon d3000!

Enjoy your shooting after you get your dslr! :p

Hi, welcome to CS ! :D

Hi all!

I'm new too.

Rgds,
Lawlezz Law

Hello all..

i wish to buy a DSLR, but of cos a 2nd hand for the first time and affordable price..

any recommendation ?

Hello alvinleo, a warm welcome to you!
Actually your question is truly a general one, and if I may say, a difficult one to answer. Don't take offence, it is just like: "I am really hungry. Can you tell me what to eat?"
The senior members are very gentle and kind to remind you to use the 'Search' function to read through and derive an answer that is suitable for yourself.
Try it!
I have learned a lot myself by simply doing that.

Once again, good to have you!

Actually your question is truly a general one, and if I may say, a difficult one to answer. Don't take offence, it is just like: "I am really hungry. Can you tell me what to eat?"
The senior members are very gentle and kind to remind you to use the 'Search' function to read through and derive an answer that is suitable for yourself.
Try it!

:thumbsup: for this advice...!
Newbies, though NEW, should learn to be a little bit self-resourceful...
Otherwise the entire newbies section gets flooded with "please recommend me a camera" threads, and newbies with genuine queries might get ignored in the process. Sigh...

Hi alvinleo,

welcome to CS.

READ MORE. Most of the answers are already out there....

Try it!

I agree wholly on "I am really hungry. Can you tell me what to eat?" :D

" 2nd hand for the first time and affordable price.."

That would be Olympus DSLR! affordable price..new or 2nd hand .

Try it!

:bsmilie:

Hi alvinleo,
Warm greetings to you and.. welcome to the club!

maybe a nikon d40, canon 1000d or an alpha 100 from sony is what you are looking for

it is just like: "I am really hungry. Can you tell me what to eat?"

How can it be the same? After eating chicken rice for this round, when you get hungry again, you get to choose Hokkien prawn mee. But when you buy a DSLR, you're on a journey to buy the whole system. Most people do not have money to burn, and buy cameras of different brands whenever we are 'hungry'.

How can it be the same? After eating chicken rice for this round, when you get hungry again, you get to choose Hokkien prawn mee. But when you buy a DSLR, you're on a journey to buy the whole system. Most people do not have money to burn, and buy cameras of different brands whenever we are 'hungry'.

First post and you fail to understand a simile with a pinch of irony ... anyway, Welcome to CS.
Soon you'll see that such generic questions as posted by the thread starter (short: TS) will not serve anything. It's to broad and leaves too much possible answers which in return will not help.

Most important is the definition of "affordable". Some people have trouble to fork out $12,000 while others can easily spend $1,500 - you get the idea? ;) After the budget is set let's add some more to cover the necessary side-items like batteries, memory cards, cleaning kit, dry box / dry cabinet. Then TS can have a look at the Buy&Sell section here to get a first idea what cameras could fit the budget. After shortlisting a few and reading reviews about the brands and models he could go to some shops to get in touch with the cams. Each brand has its own Look & Feel. And: each of the brands has cameras capable of taking decent pictures. No point asking "C or N, which is better?"
If there are still questions open TS can post them here - but after some reading and learning these questions might be much more specific and will get him specific answers.

Hello all..

any recommendation ?

get a 500d 2nd hand, its new, affordable and cheap.

i'm new as well...thinking of getting a new sony a330 or used a350....any advice?

Welcome to CS.. Happy Shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.