Hi All, It's nice to be here

skira2862

Aug 26, 2010
Hi All,

I'm new and very new to photography too. Have seen awesome photos taken by members here and certainly looking forward to learn at lot from here.

Meanwhile, I have a noob question...how could one properly test a lens while in a store? Apart from checking the lenses physically, how to see it's a sharp copy and etc. Will the store allow us to test it especially newbie like me who know nothing... Very new to photography and need advice:embrass:

Thank you in advance and have a nice day :)

Hi All,

I'm new and very new to photography too. Have seen awesome photos taken by members here and certainly looking forward to learn at lot from here.

Meanwhile, I have a noob question...how could one properly test a lens while in a store? Apart from checking the lenses physically, how to see it's a sharp copy and etc. Will the store allow us to test it especially newbie like me who know nothing... Very new to photography and need advice:embrass:

Thank you in advance and have a nice day :)

Welcome to CS:)
You can check whether there's any physical defect, does the auto focus work properly, whether its dusty inside the lens and i will usually test if the focus is off center. Some shops might ask you to pay up front before you can test, it depends on the shop policy

Welcome to CS . . . :)

Some shops allow you to test the lens first before you purchase.

In fact, i ever went to a shop to test out some lens without buying . . . best of all, i told the boss before hand that i am just asking for the price only and he offers to let me test it.

:thumbsup: to the shop.

Welcome to CS . . . :)

Some shops allow you to test the lens first before you purchase.

In fact, i ever went to a shop to test out some lens without buying . . . best of all, i told the boss before hand that i am just asking for the price only and he offers to let me test it.

:thumbsup: to the shop.

Which shop is it?:)

Welcome to CS and happy shooting!!!

most shops reccommended in this forum should allow to test lens if they're not terribly busy or crowded...

i sometimes go to a shop and just sit down and try many different things.. even if i'm not buying.. hmmm then can make better decisions to use what lens..

Welcome:)

Thank you all for the welcome messages and the valuable advice. Looking forward to learn from you all.

Cheers :)

Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

Thank you all for the guidance.

I bought a Tamrom 17-50 non VC last weekend and the helpful salesman helped me to test the front/back focusing of the lens. I just started shooting last weekend and glad to be able to take some night scene without using flash and tripod.

I have lots to learn from here and thanks to everyone for their generous contributions.

Cheers :)