Hi All, I'm a newbie here and wanna ask....

CyrusC

Dec 27, 2012
Definitely not Mars! LOL
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask where do you guys buy cameras? online and local stores are okay

it'd be nice if you can give me websites.

Thanks a lot

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask where do you guys buy cameras? online and local stores are okay

Thanks a lot

Please spend some time to search the forum. THere are a lot of information here. Look in the Marketplace/Price guide subforum. You will find pricing info as well as shops where those pricing are sourced from.

Or, if you can go buy at Harvey Norman.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot

We buy cameras from the shops we recommend in the priceguides threads.

Stick to the recommended shops.... many horror stories of unscrupulous shops fleecing locals and tourists alike.

To make things simpler for TS.

AH: Audio House
AP-F: Alan Photo, #02-07 Funan The IT Mall | 6883-0922 | alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
AP-S: Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square | 6336-0922 | alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
BC: BargainCity.com.sg
CP-1: Cathay Photo, #01-11, 14 Peninsula Plaza (Main) | 6337-4274 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-2: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Printer Section) | 6338-7783 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-3: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Tripod Section) | 6338-0451 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-M: Cathay Photo, #02-215, Marina Square | 6339-6188 | email@cathayphoto.com.sg
HN: Harvey Norman (various)
IP: Iphoto (formally known as Lord's Camera) 304 Orchard Road, #01-79, Lucky Plaza, Singapore 238863 | 6235 4248 | 6235 4605 | iphoto78@yahoo.com.sg
JO: John 3:16, #05-37 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6337-2877 | 6337-1897 | j316ps@gmail.com
MS: MS Color (Main), 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C | 6457-6380 | sales@mscolor.com.sg
MS: MS Color (AMK Hub), 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 #02-24 | 6452-2828 | sales@mscolor.com.sg
OP: Orient Photo, #06-31 | 53 Sim Lim Square | 6339-1035 | sales@orientfoto.com.sg
PA-N: Parisilk (North), 7 Transit Road | 6452-1593
PA-HV: Parisilk (Central), 15A Lorong Liput | 6466-6002
PA-E: Parisilk (East), Blk 214 #01-179 Bedok Central | 6441-6066
SLRR: SLR Revolution, #05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6336-8767 | slr.revo@gmail.com
TCW: The Camera Workshop, 3 Coleman Street #01-31 | 6336-1956 6336-7808 | tcwkshop@singnet.com.sg
TK: T.K. Foto Technic, #02-14 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6292-4533 | sales@tkfoto.com.sg | Welcome to T K FOTO - Home

Anyway, there are a couple of horror story for some of the shops listed in the abovementioned... such as TCW, MScolor, John, etc. So the bottom line was to do your own homework before getting from any shops. In Funan Centre, there are a couple of shops that falls in the grey areas, these shops are Alan Photo and Bally (to my knowledge), I have good experience with both though.

I can barely contain my shock when I saw the recommendation for that bearly shop. If you buy from there you must had been berry careless not to read all the berry important threads complainting about that bearly shop.

Last edited:
I can barely contain my shock when I saw the recommendation for that bearly shop. If you buy from there you must had been berry careless not to read all the berry important threads complainting about that bearly shop.
don't behave like Robert (Carrot Head) when you walk in the shop you should be fine.

to TS:

ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU SHOP.

Last edited:
And he disappeared. Spam account?

And he disappeared. Spam account?

Lol. That happens quite a bit. Ask questions on forum no need money ma... not even a cup of kopi o.

Well... I am not sure if your reply is to my post, because I see no other posts above me with any shops named.

Anyway, the two shops namely A. Photo and B. Photo do have bad reputation and had been written all over the forum and the net. However I find that both shops normally gave good prices, and sometime resort to some underhand method, however if you do your homework well and buy only what you researched, there is no problem at all.

I mean, I got my 70-200mm f4L two years ago from the B. Photo, as they offer the best price, I didn't buy any filter or other accessories, anyway the salesperson never try to sell me any of those stuff either, you just walk in there, know what you want and be confident both in posture and the way you talk, then you should be fine.

If the salesman try their usual trick, just walk out, and go to another shop, afterall there is not just one shop selling your product.

Oh... btw, the lens I got can be register properly and is covered by local warranty, so it is a local set.

LOL, thanks all for the comments, will do some research first! i guess people just get it from Funan or SimLim. Or maybe get it from Amazon or in AUS

LOL, thanks all for the comments, will do some research first! i guess people just get it from Funan or SimLim. Or maybe get it from Amazon or in AUS
Wherever you buy, do pay attention to the fine prints and the warranty terms. For all imported equipment above SGD 400 (incl. shipping) you will be asked to pay GST.

most importantly don't sign anything. pay cash. do homework . if very new, get a shopping buddy, preferably someone who is experienced in photo gear acquisition

Almost nobody buys in Sim Lim. It's ripoff heaven.

Almost nobody buys in Sim Lim. It's ripoff heaven.

Well... Orient Photo on the sixth floor of Sim Lim is a pretty decent shop. Gave me some very good price before (remember getting my Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro lens from them two years ago.)

Anyway, for TS, all you need to do is sent out request for equote for the stuff you wanted to buy, print out the equote, then bring to the shop. Prior to going down, remember to call them up asking if they have stock for the stuff you wanted to prevent making a wasted trip.

So far I have good shopping experiences with these shops... Cathay Photo is the best so far (with regards to customer service, in my opinion or at least to me), because they will include in their equote whether they have the stock available or not.

Well... Orient Photo on the sixth floor of Sim Lim is a pretty decent shop. Gave me some very good price before (remember getting my Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro lens from them two years ago.)

Anyway, for TS, all you need to do is sent out request for equote for the stuff you wanted to buy, print out the equote, then bring to the shop. Prior to going down, remember to call them up asking if they have stock for the stuff you wanted to prevent making a wasted trip.

So far I have good shopping experiences with these shops... Cathay Photo is the best so far (with regards to customer service, in my opinion or at least to me), because they will include in their equote whether they have the stock available or not.

Agreed and they do surprise me with some of the prices in their e-quote. Can be one of the best pricing around. I almost jumped up and went down to get the 70-200II when i saw the quote. Lol.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot

I buy from B&H more often than in Singapore because it's cheaper most of the time, although not always (see here). I usually get my package in 7-10 days. B&H ships for free (usually) to my shipper in Portland, Oregon (see here). An alternative shipper used by many is (see here).

:)

Last edited:
SLR revolution in funan is decent.

Can also try Click at funan