hey!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikon

Jan 21, 2009
Hello all..
how are you doing?
Well I'm a newbie to this website and also a newbie to photography too.
I've a great interest in automobile photography and fashion photography.
(I dont know whether i got the terms correct!)

I'm planning to buy an entry level DSLR, Sony A-200.
Please suggest :
1. An entry level DSLR
2. Courses where I get enroll for automobile and fashion photography

Regards,
Mickey

Hello all..
how are you doing?
Well I'm a newbie to this website and also a newbie to photography too.
I've a great interest in automobile photography and fashion photography.
(I dont know whether i got the terms correct!)

I'm planning to buy an entry level DSLR, Sony A-200.
Please suggest :
1. An entry level DSLR
2. Courses where I get enroll for automobile and fashion photography

Regards,
Mickey

Erm... You're already planning to buy the A200 (good choice), so why recommend more? I'm assuming you've done your research, compared features and held the camera?

For the courses, there's a whole section on workshops at the top of the forum, as well as regular outings with different themes and models.

Welcome

READ MORE
SHOOT more
Post more....

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I was just wondering whether the A-200 is a good camera or not compared to Nikon, Cannons etc.:think: As it is just for entry-level purpose.
So i had asked for suggestions

Hi Mickey, a warm welcome to you.

The A200 is a good choice if you're looking at an entry cam. You may want to consider the A300 or A350 for the liveview instead. Cameras nowadays are more or less the same regardless of the Brand. Most cameras are able to give you decent pictures, it's how you use it to bring out it's best that's more important.

Hope to see your works soon.

Thanks a lot Galdor..
I'll go ahead and buy the camera.. and i promise you to bring the best out of it

and i simply love your signature :)

All the cameras can be good tools, in the right hands...

And each person differs from another, so you'd have a better idea if the camera is good for you by holding them and trying them out... go down to the stores and have a good feel.

Michael.. very true indeed... i wud be visitng the sony style today.. get a feel.
I dont know, i'm getting goosebumps already... me getting a new camera!..;)

Michael.. very true indeed... i wud be visitng the sony style today.. get a feel.

Hi Mickey,

you can get a feel of the cam at SonyStyle but don't buy from there as the shops outside are cheaper. Try getting a quote from MS Color or Cathay Photo. ;)

Once you have it, don't forget to hook up with the local Alpha user groups and the local alpha forum for outings and kopi sessions. :)

oh wow... just wow.. i never knew that...i'll definitely do that!
hope to meet you soon too :)

Guys..my decision just changed @ the shop.
Instead of the A-200 I bought the Canon 1000D with an extra lens, tripod, lens filter.
It came with a 8GB card
Did i make a right decision?

Also I had very little time to check the camera.
The only thing i noticed is that I cannot see the anything on the LCD screen except the menu for full auto. Is is because the mode is not set to "full-auto". I do not know about it.

Also, I would be traveling outside country for some days, Is there any hassle i might face at the airport/customs, if I carry the camera?

Please help

MODS: Please move this thread to appropriate place if needed.

Regards,
Mickey

Not a bad decision. As I've mentioned before that most entry level cameras are able to perform well given the modern technology. However, you may wish to note that for budget entry level cameras, some manufacturers would actually remove certain features to keep the cost low (eg. Canon 1000D does not have spot metering and the Nikon D40 can only manual focus on some lenses) so it still depend on yourself which feature you can forego and which is important to you. Happy shooting. :)

Hey galdor.. thank you very much..
though i did not understand properly the terms you used :D.. but i'll get used to the terms slowly slowly :)

Hey galdor.. thank you very much..
though i did not understand properly the terms you used :D.. but i'll get used to the terms slowly slowly :)

Why the switch? and what's the "extra lens"?

Why the switch? and what's the "extra lens"?

Marketing tactics as usual I suppose...

I guess should be the 18-55 plus a 55-250 equivalent...

well dint have any other person with me.. was all alone.. so bought it..
yes correct, those are the lenses

well dint have any other person with me.. was all alone.. so bought it..
yes correct, those are the lenses

Ah, so a salesperson convinced you to buy the Canon for his higher margins.

Did you even test the cameras before buying? Feel them and then decide on your own?

since you have already bought it, just go out and shoot
don't worry too much about the tools

important thing is to know your tool well

Status
Not open for further replies.