Hey! Where's yr plastic bag?

What do you think of bringing your own carrier/Plastic Bag to supermart?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterlucky

Dec 10, 2006
West
Went to supermart...
the cashier stared me in the face :"Where's yr plastic bag?"
":dunno: "
"then u have to pay 10cents"
"for what?"
"donation.."
"to whom?"
"...:dunno: ... "
"Here's $10..... "
":devil: .... sorry no change.... never mind..."
:lovegrin: :bsmilie:

How many think this practise is effective or uneffective ? Pros & Cons?

Went to supermart...
the cashier stared me in the face :"Where's yr plastic bag?"
":dunno: "
"then u have to pay 10cents"
"for what?"
"donation.."
"to whom?"
"...:dunno: ... "
"Here's $10..... "
":devil: .... sorry no change.... never mind..."
:lovegrin: :bsmilie:

How many think this practise is effective or uneffective ? Pros & Cons?

wah lao...normally for small packages, i dump them into my backpack without the plastic bags..

i support environmental practices..

so i will say its a good start. i will strongly recommend a enforcing of a 7 day week for that campaign.

pay for your plastic bags...

i buy things dun use plastics bags... everything just dump inside my bag.

sometimes i got bring paperbags.. they do come in handy. but its those branded ones.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: pple think i everyday shopping at gucci.. :bsmilie:

i think this is a good practise.Some countries are doing it already.In korea,no plastic bags are given.If you want a plastic bag,you'll have to pay extra.This is the same even in the gift shops,and the supermarts i went there.Uppz for the enviroment:thumbsup:

i know is not our culture now, but this is a great step for the enviroment. I'll support this clause and try to bring my own bags!:thumbsup:

Its all for a good cause rite...if no more plactic bags at home to bring,dont go on Wednesdays...then if have enuf,bring during shopping at supermart...i dont throw my used plastic bags..i re-use them which i think most ppl do...

Does it actually helps even a bit? :bsmilie:

yet another excuse for girls to buy more bags! :bsmilie:

Does it actually helps even a bit? :bsmilie:
maybe they should make a duper big plastic bag so next time 1 will do... let the buyer drag home all his/her stuffs. :bsmilie: like santa :sweat:

Oh, the BYOB Day yesterday huh?

Well, yesterday was at Giant when I saw some great deals for pre-packaged fish so simply grabbed those. Den I remembered, "Oh BYOB." there's the donation tin there and I vaguely recall that proceeds go to some Charity organisation.

Chin chai 20 cents loh. Spend $13 liaoz, what's with another 20cents? :dunno:

sometimes i buy small items and my house is just next block. told cashier
no need plastic and yet they stuffed my items into one..
dumped out my items and gave them back..they give me a bewildered look
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sometimes i buy small items and my house is just next block. told cashier
no need plastic and yet they stuffed my items into one..
dumped out my items and gave them back..they give me a bewildered look
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

same same...some young cashiers even gave me the "wah lao" look when they see me putting the item into my backpack and when i said no-need plastic bags.:bheart:

Singapore being small country should do this long ago, 24/7 even better.

Big countries in europe are doing well and peoples are supportive of it too. Even plastic bottles, after drinking they will bring back the bottles to supermarket for recycling with cash back too.

Singapore being small country should do this long ago, 24/7 even better.

Big countries in europe are doing well and peoples are supportive of it too. Even plastic bottles, after drinking they will bring back the bottles to supermarket for recycling with cash back too.

Yeh! I enjoy collecting the mineral water bottles when in Germany... then every saturday happily trot down to the supermart ... dump the bottle into the cycling m/c... out comes cash! :lovegrin:
rememering our primary sch days when we return a coke bottle after drinking...the stall lady will return u 5cents!:sweatsm:

Ahahaha.... 2 cents for bottle recycled. :D

Unfortunately, companies here do not adopt such a stand where profit maximisation comes in as a primary goal. By doing so, setting up collection machines and giving maybe, say, 5 cents in exchange for every tin can or glass bottle recycled, would severely cut profit margins.

Yeh! I enjoy collecting the mineral water bottles when in Germany... then every saturday happily trot down to the supermart ... dump the bottle into the cycling m/c... out comes cash! :lovegrin:
rememering our primary sch days when we return a coke bottle after drinking...the stall lady will return u 5cents!:sweatsm:

i felt conned... how come the stall lady never gimme back my 5 cents!!! :cry:

i still remember last time got the can drink recycling machine.
then we just happily keep all the can drink and then bring down to the machine to crush.
the machine is something like jackpot machine just that you put in drink cans instead of money.
every can drink you put in, the thing will spin and if they match then you'll get some disount coupons.

usually, when i buy a few stuff, i dun ask for plastic bag unless necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.