hey... waddah ya know! CS was just featured in PM Lee's speech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
satay16 said:

Ok - I am happy that CS is getting all this free 'official' advertising and publicity but at the same time - this is DAMN SCARY MAN ... and if you read TODAY - Monday 21 aug - the PM said the govt has to 'rebut' Mr Brown (the blogger whose column got suspended by TODAY and if I am not mistaken, he had to shut down his blog or whatever because he complained about the high costs of living in Singapore AFTER the GE is over) - because Mr Brown wrote about such serious issues in a 'mocking, dismissive' manner - as far as I know, I haven't seen any proper rebuttal from the govt - it was more like - 'HOW DARE YOU WRITE ABOUT THIS IN SUCH A SATIRICAL MANNER! SO YOU SHALL NOT SPEAK FROM HENCEFORTH BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! YOU MADE A HUGE MISTAKE AND YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS - YOU MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE BY TALKING ABOUT SUCH A SENSITIVE ISSUE - HOW DARE YOU?" - How come they didn't come up with statistics etc to 'rebut' Mr Brown properly??

Sigh ... maybe I might be banned from CS from now on for my 'satirical' views ....:cry:

mau_lovers said:
Ok - I am happy that CS is getting all this free 'official' advertising and publicity but at the same time - this is DAMN SCARY MAN ... and if you read TODAY - Monday 21 aug - the PM said the govt has to 'rebut' Mr Brown (the blogger whose column got suspended by TODAY and if I am not mistaken, he had to shut down his blog or whatever because he complained about the high costs of living in Singapore AFTER the GE is over) - because Mr Brown wrote about such serious issues in a 'mocking, dismissive' manner - as far as I know, I haven't seen any proper rebuttal from the govt - it was more like - 'HOW DARE YOU WRITE ABOUT THIS IN SUCH A SATIRICAL MANNER! SO YOU SHALL NOT SPEAK FROM HENCEFORTH BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! YOU MADE A HUGE MISTAKE AND YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS - YOU MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE BY TALKING ABOUT SUCH A SENSITIVE ISSUE - HOW DARE YOU?" - How come they didn't come up with statistics etc to 'rebut' Mr Brown properly??

Sigh ... maybe I might be banned from CS from now on for my 'satirical' views ....:cry:

lppl... face it... next time i say anything... some might say its sadistic views... or maybe even santanic views... its all up to anybody to say... end of the day, its who your TRUE friends who will understand your language...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
lppl... face it... next time i say anything... some might say its sadistic views... or maybe even santanic views... its all up to anybody to say... end of the day, its who your TRUE friends who will understand your language...

Um ... u think the Minister i/c of MICA will EVER BE MY TRUE FRIEND???? HA! HA! HA! my toes are laughing .... :devil:

mau_lovers said:
Um ... u think the Minister i/c of MICA will EVER BE MY TRUE FRIEND???? HA! HA! HA! my toes are laughing .... :devil:

i see your toenails split man... :bsmilie:

anyway, 'they' got no sense of humour like the taiwanese... or maybe the taiwanese have the media over them instead of the ruling party have media control...

hASHbrown_kopitiam said:
I heard from my collegue tat CS is being featured. I dun believe till i see this post...

I was out, so only heard the bit bout myspace.com.... PM lee really got good sense of humour....

Well, it is good to be acknowledged but what we need to remember we cannot take any of this for granted. So lets continue to share our pictures and our views (tactfully) and may i also take this opportunity to gently remind everyone while we are all excited that CS got a plug during NDR, we should also be mindful about the kinds of insinuations we make.

Like I have mentioned before, this is ultimately a photography community.

Thank you.

AReality said:
Waa... really humless...
;p

Mai hum rap will be a hit, better than bah chor mee! I love it. Maybe will hit World Chart with technology and internet.
Young PM Lee is cool and will be much more appealing to the younger voters, he'll outdo the 65s. Mr Brown will get his job back or will be offered a job for creating a cooler image for the PM. (PM is thinking on how to get the Chinese illegal Ban Mian Man back) S'pore is happening. Cheers

Winsonapm said:
Mai hum rap will be a hit, better than bah chor mee! I love it. Maybe will hit World Chart with technology and internet.
Young PM Lee is cool and will be much more appealing to the younger voters, he'll outdo the 65s. Mr Brown will get his job back or will be offered a job for creating a cooler image for the PM. (PM is thinking on how to get the Chinese illegal Ban Mian Man back) S'pore is happening. Cheers

Agreed.... for a moment i was wondering since when Mee siam got harm(cockles).... i think he suppose to mean no Hiam(chili)

his approach is different.... :thumbsup:

hASHbrown_kopitiam said:
Agreed.... for a moment i was wondering since when Mee siam got harm(cockles).... i think he suppose to mean no Hiam(chili)

his approach is different.... :thumbsup:

the power of brainwash.................

period.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
/me see a swinging pendant...
/me hear a soft soothing voice... meesiam... mai... hum... meesiam... mai... hum... meesiam... mai... hum...
how come my screen oso have pendant de???!!!
......mee siam mai hum mai mai hum mee siam ai hiam ai hiam hum hum hum hum hum.........

hASHbrown_kopitiam said:
how come my screen oso have pendant de???!!!
......mee siam mai hum mai mai hum mee siam ai hiam ai hiam hum hum hum hum hum.........

lucky not like US... later u see 1 flash of light...

wat did i say just now...

oh 1 flash of light...

err, wat did i say again?...

FLASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.