Hey Hey

SimplyCinful

Jul 3, 2011
Hey guys,

I just got my 1st DSLR camera yesterday very happy and excited abt it..

I brought a Canon D600, pls do guide me along as I'm a totally newbie abt it ;)

Hope to hear from u guys soon :)

Welcome to CS :)

No need to guide you la... Just read the manual that came with your camera, and read the sticky threads in Newbies Corner, and surf YouTube for instructional videos, and... (that should keep you plenty busy!)

Enjoy guiding yourself! It's more rewarding that way :)

haha 315 pages of manual to read!! I skip it and join e canon class haha :p

The manual is a reference book, not a novel. It's not really intended to be read from cover to cover in one sitting.
Learn one feature then try it out. Often you don't even have to step out of your home to try...

Welcome! You mean canon 600d right? Good choice! Hope to see pics from you! :)

Welcome to the world of photography.
For your info. Canon should be 600D the "D" is behind. "D" in front is Nikon's model like D7000. Cheers!

You should read it.. even if only to know you have a 600D ... and once you have attended the class you might notice that the manual still has a lot of things to read up that was skipped in the class. Because the class is not intended to spoonfeed you for free, but rather give an initial overview, quick, briefly, unspecific.

If you consider the time spent travelling to the class, sitting through it, and then heading home (or wherever you intend to go after), it may not seem like such a time-efficient way to learn after all ;)

The manual is a reference book, not a novel. It's not really intended to be read from cover to cover in one sitting.
Learn one feature then try it out. Often you don't even have to step out of your home to try...

I finished mine in 2 nights :embrass: :confused:

Understanding what was written there took a lot longer though. lol :bsmilie:

hello, welcome to Cs =)

manual is important

bonrya said:
Welcome! You mean canon 600d right? Good choice! Hope to see pics from you! :)

Haha too excited abt this cam!! Type wrongly :)

Haha thanks for all yr welcome :)

I'll try to learn fast and post pictures up for u all to comment :)

Noob here too.. But generally, classes and books/magazines teach u techniques.
Then, I refer to the manual to learn how to apply the techniques (i.e rear curtain sync for long exposures on mag, manual tells you how to turn it on.)
I've been using my D90 for over a year and I have d pdf version of my manual on my iPhone. Awesome way to learn.

Hope this helps.

I keep a PDF copy of the manual on my phone too... I find it useful for a starter like me. I will refer when I'm not sure what certain settings do, or how to set certain functions on my own camera.... 'cos CSers on this forum may use diff camera from you, so the settings on your camera could be in a diff part of the menu.

The best way to learn is still to shoot, see and adjust settings.... Then shoot again to compare what the pic of new setting look like.

Welcome to CS :)