hey guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakite

Jul 3, 2004
Singapore
got a qns ... hope u guys can help me out yeah?
i'll be doing some major travelling this year, and it'll be to place where there is little or no eletricity, so was wondering, wat type of cam should i be thinking of bringin along?

like say foe example, should i bring a nikon f75 or 80 type of cam or like mebbe a fm type of cam? something that doesn't need batts?

buy something that uses AA batts grab afew piece of sanyo 2500 rechargeble batts that last u longer.
If not try something like that casio Exlim Z series camera single charge can last u up to 360 shots.
worst to worst take out a pen and paper and start drawing the things u wanna take

hahah funniw fella...

i've got my own cp cam, powersource is the problem...
if i'm gonna be stuck upon a mountain with no electricity, how to recharge my batts?

Buy lots of batteries....what else?

use film base camera.

Malakite said:
got a qns ... hope u guys can help me out yeah?
i'll be doing some major travelling this year, and it'll be to place where there is little or no eletricity, so was wondering, wat type of cam should i be thinking of bringin along?

like say foe example, should i bring a nikon f75 or 80 type of cam or like mebbe a fm type of cam? something that doesn't need batts?

Wanna save on batteries.... Get a Mechanical Camera like the FM2 or later models but you will still need batteries....if you intend to use your flash. But at least you don't need that much by using a F75 or or other electronic cameras. Also a deciding factor is how long are each trip? You left that bit out...also how often do you think you will be shooting each day?

Film base cameras makes more sense then digital in that sense.

use film base cameras lor, from fm2 to lecia to electonic cameras, i know some do not zap batteries for breakfast. most film cameras should be fine.

Hi,

See if you can find a solar charger :dunno:

opps haha i did leave out how long i'll be gone fer huh? hehehe sorry....

okok, it's hould be 3 weeks to 1 and a half months per trip. photos wise, well, if there is nothing to take den.....

but most likely, at least 30 pics a day....

it's gonna be a lot of rolls of films...

If you have access to a post office, you can send your rolls of film home to have them developed by your family.

Also, do put all your eggs in one basket. Perhaps number your films and separate them according to odd and even rolls. This is to ensure that if your film gets lost in the post, you at least still have some pictures to view at the end your trip...

bringing rolls and rolls of film is more or less the same as bringing spare batteries. So it depends on your preference.

Film or batteries?

When you run out of film, you cannot shoot
the same for batteries

I think that it is actually a weight issue.

Your call

hehehe .... for me, I will be bringing my trusty Manual Camera, with lots of films, ISO 400 films, maybe about 20 - 50 rolls of it :D ........

But then I went to a pretty remote place in China with 10 rolls for 2 weeks, in the end I took only 2 rolls of pictures :D

Bring a fully mech manual camera (like Nikon FM, FM2, FM3, Leica M-series and etc) in case the batteries for the meter fails to work, the mech shutter just kept going so that you won't lose a shot just becoz of batteries!!!
I am once half-way in a model shoot and all of the sudden, my batteries in my M6 just ran out. I continue to shoot using my own judgement and all my pictures did came out.
For me, I would not trust a camera without a backup mech shutter!

ahhh... kk... so i'm guessing it'll be an fm series... heheh, by the way.. which of these ccam can take like a lot of abuse?
heheh i foresee lots of trekking and climbing...

Malakite said:
ahhh... kk... so i'm guessing it'll be an fm series... heheh, by the way.. which of these ccam can take like a lot of abuse?
heheh i foresee lots of trekking and climbing...

Nikon FM2 is a good choice! :thumbsup:

XXX Boy said:
Bring a fully mech manual camera (like Nikon FM, FM2, FM3, Leica M-series and etc) in case the batteries for the meter fails to work, the mech shutter just kept going so that you won't lose a shot just becoz of batteries!!!
I am once half-way in a model shoot and all of the sudden, my batteries in my M6 just ran out. I continue to shoot using my own judgement and all my pictures did came out.
For me, I would not trust a camera without a backup mech shutter!

Errr I have a manual camera with a small CR battery in it for metering and it last me over 2 years. So if you go with an SLR and use fresh battries for the metering then I think your mechanical shutter problem will not be an issue.

jbma said:
Errr I have a manual camera with a small CR battery in it for metering and it last me over 2 years. So if you go with an SLR and use fresh battries for the metering then I think your mechanical shutter problem will not be an issue.

You are right!!! ;) :thumbsup:

get an F3 there,really solid camera.

batteries are so small like coins,just bring more film.
i wouldn't go the digital way given the situation.

if frequent travelling means more customs clearance, you might want to take note the repeated x-ray effect on your film canisters as you travel from one country to another.

solution:
1. shoot & develop before crossing borders
2. get a lead bag

however, want to add that i have went through a few checks without any precautionary measures with no noticeable effects on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.